Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Post partum update

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 19 Votes, Average 4.79  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Lady ICE View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lady ICE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2013 at 11:26pm
yay!

and wow @ 10 weeks.
he's grown up alreadyCry
cant wait to see the pic!

Heart

Edited by Lady ICE - Mar 01 2013 at 11:43pm
Sponsored Links

juicygyrl View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote juicygyrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2013 at 11:38pm
Beautiful family! ( I am wearing the same exact robe right now!) Breastfeeding gets easier, my daughter is 18 weeks and I do not feel a thing anymore. At first it was so painful my armpits would start to sweat.
mcelweewife View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote mcelweewife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2013 at 11:48pm
Originally posted by Finesseful Finesseful wrote:

Congrats on your baby OP. Big smile

Thank you sweetheart!

Here is a copy and paste of my face book status from yesterday, it pretty much sums up my feelings!

Have you ever been filled with so much joy that you can barely swallow over the lump in your throat? I have been blessed to feel that kind of joy a handful of times in my life;
1. When I accepted Christ at age 20 and turned from my sin I felt His love feel me to the point where I thought I would burst and I was forever changed. To be forgiven and in turn be able to forgive left with with a happiness I can't put in words.

2. When on March 17, 2005 my now husband and I proclaimed our love for one another and decided to start a formal courtship.

3. On August 28, 2005 when he asked me to be his wife--my feet didn't touch the grounds for days, lol.

4. On December 20, 2012 when I was blessed with my most precious gift aside from the Holy Spirit, and the love of a man filled with this same spirit, I was blessed to meet my son, who I have developed a FIERCE and terrifying love for.. These words feel so inadequate in expressing my gratitude to the Lord for his GOODNESS to me, a goodness I couldn't even come close to deserving.

God is SO good, and the circumstances of our lives have nothing to do with that. He was just as good to me when I was sick and when I miscarried my 1st child and all the other times things didn't go the way I wanted. His goodness just IS period. The beauty is that He owes us NOTHING, yet He still saw fit to offer us His forgiveness if we wanted it, His joy and His love. It boggles my mind! His goodness is almost frightening. I love Him so much, more than anything else, because He is the reason I can love at all.

This worship song from childhood will always be my anthem!

niecy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote niecy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2013 at 11:50pm
Aww, him chubby cheeks! 

That's good everything is getting back to normal for you. Since you pump your breast milk into a bottle now do you freeze any of your milk?
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2013 at 11:53pm
Beautiful thoughts on God Blessings . ^^^CryClap
Claudie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claudie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2013 at 11:55pm
Wifey, time is going so fast!  Hezekiah is ten weeks old already!  Dreamer asked about you yesterday, and I told her about your handsome Son.

Keep taking prenatal vitamins, that will help with the postpartum shedding.  I will pm you a simple mix to make, and that will help also.

Edited by Claudie - Mar 01 2013 at 11:56pm
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcelweewife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2013 at 11:56pm
Originally posted by juicygyrl juicygyrl wrote:

Beautiful family! ( I am wearing the same exact robe right now!) Breastfeeding gets easier, my daughter is 18 weeks and I do not feel a thing anymore. At first it was so painful my armpits would start to sweat.

the same thing happened to me and my feet!Ouch
Thank God for breast pumps, that's all I can say. I just could not get him to latch consistently. Then he would get more and more frustrated every time we had to start over. I dreaded feeding him. My breast were constantly full and engorged because he wasn't emptying them. When I got a plugged duct I started using the electric pump hubby bought me. So now I have 3-4 bottles ready to be drank in the fridge at any given moment and 26 bags of milk in the freezer. I have more than enough to keep him nourished thank God! He was drinking 3 oz every 2 hours. Now he is taking 4 oz every 2 hours since he hit 6 weeks.

My nipple I am starting to think will never grow back, but it has calloused over at least. The pump dosen't hurt at all and my breast are drained within 20 minutes!Tongue
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcelweewife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 12:02am
Originally posted by niecy niecy wrote:

Aww, him chubby cheeks! 

That's good everything is getting back to normal for you. Since you pump your breast milk into a bottle now do you freeze any of your milk?

I sure do, otherwise my fridge would be filled with bottles. My rule is no more than 4 bottles in the fridge at a time. Anything I pump after that gets frozen in 4 oz portions in my trusty medela breast milk storage bags. I have been taking fenugreek (a herb that stimulates lactation) since he was 5 weeks and I have more milk than I know what to do with.

Claudie I am on it with the prenatals! I have been taking them as a multivitamin for over 7 years now.Tongue
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcelweewife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 12:14am
India thank you for stopping in. BHM wouldn't me post, it was mistaken for spam.
Sorry about all of the typos in prior posts, I was typing with one hand (as I am most times nowadays) and I am too lazy to go back.
purpulicious01 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purpulicious01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 12:56am
Oh the joys of motherhood. Take your time to savor these moments - they'll fly by faster than u realize.

Glad to hear u are recovering. You have a beautiful family - God is good.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789>
  Share Topic