Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Post A Pic Of Your Lips

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4041424344 58>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 16 Votes, Average 3.44  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
FarraFace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FarraFace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 19 2012 at 10:59pm
Red is pretty much the only color lipstick my grandmother wore. But Nana was much older than y'alls g-ma's. My mother used to tell me how much grief Nana gave her for wearing pale "mod" lips.

I miss my Nana. Cry
Sponsored Links

newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 19 2012 at 11:10pm
Originally posted by FarraFace FarraFace wrote:

Originally posted by newdiva1 newdiva1 wrote:

Gaddamn. LOL  It took me the longest time to get the courage to wear a red lip...and this is years after learning how to wear foundation, eyeshadow etc.    I think alot of black women are perturbed by it because we were tole for so long that we can't wear it.  At least I was......IMO.

You were lied to. Who told you that?

I've been thinking of starting a Dare to Wear thread in the MAKEUP section. 14 or 27 days of red lips  for Valentine's Day/Black History Month. 

I was told by mostly everyone including the ladies at the "make up counters" when I was in my late teens/early twenties... Once I decided not to care...it was on and poppin'.  Which is now why I will even wear green and blue lips (word to Loop de Loop) and look folks in the eye.LOL

dare to wear red.....i'd do it.  I have so much red lipstick now it's a shame. 

I will wear red lips now during the day and folks ask me "why am I dressed up?".   Dude...i'm wearing jeans and a blazer.LOL
HunnyB View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HunnyB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 19 2012 at 11:22pm
Should I get a darker shade or a vibrant red?

Edited by HunnyB - Dec 19 2012 at 11:32pm
HunnyB View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HunnyB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 19 2012 at 11:24pm
I have on foundation this time btw
FarraFace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FarraFace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 19 2012 at 11:29pm
Originally posted by newdiva1 newdiva1 wrote:

I was told by mostly everyone including the ladies at the "make up counters" when I was in my late teens/early twenties... Once I decided not to care...it was on and poppin'.  Which is now why I will even wear green and blue lips (word to Loop de Loop) and look folks in the eye.LOL

dare to wear red.....i'd do it.  I have so much red lipstick now it's a shame. 

I will wear red lips now during the day and folks ask me "why am I dressed up?".   Dude...i'm wearing jeans and a blazer.LOL

Some people are just so....apathetic when it comes to presentation these days that any effort is viewed as the most, ugh.
FarraFace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FarraFace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 19 2012 at 11:38pm
HunnyB, have a look at #1, #10 & #11 in the Kate Moss collection by Rimmel next time you go shopping. 
HunnyB View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HunnyB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 19 2012 at 11:40pm
Originally posted by FarraFace FarraFace wrote:

HunnyB, have a look at #1, #10 & #11 in the Kate Moss collection by Rimmel next time you go shopping. 

Thanks for the specificsLOL

I tried to resize the pic, but bhm keeps eating itOuch

HunnyB View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote HunnyB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 19 2012 at 11:42pm
Originally posted by Mixer Mixer wrote:

HunnyB be looking good.

Thanks... I'm getting there 2BH
I've been working out 6 times a weekOuch
mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 20 2012 at 7:07am
Hunny try Ruby Woo I love it and you can get that gradient look if you line it with a burgundy liner......I want to try Nars dragon girl next
Mixer View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mixer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 20 2012 at 8:06am
Originally posted by HunnyB HunnyB wrote:

Originally posted by Mixer Mixer wrote:

HunnyB be looking good.

Thanks... I'm getting there 2BH
I've been working out 6 times a weekOuch
You ARE there. Quit playing.Sleepy
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More