Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Possibly moving to Atlanta next year and..

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
Miss SDY View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miss SDY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Possibly moving to Atlanta next year and..
    Posted: Aug 27 2011 at 5:38pm
I have visited Atlanta 3 times in the past 2 years and I plan to go again in October to visit again to officially make up my mind. I loved it all 3 times that I have visited. I have just felt like I was at home when I was there. When I decided to pick up and move the first time, Atlanta and Dallas were my top two picks. I chose Dallas because my oldest sister lives here and I have a brother who lives in Houston. I have a male friend and a close cousin who currently resides in Atlanta. I did not choose Atlanta the first time because I feel like with moving away from home, I needed to be near someone in my immediate family(sister) for my first time away from home. So, I have been in TX for 2 years and I keep getting the urge to pick up and move to ATL. I love Dallas, do not get me wrong, but I just have the itch for somewhere new right now. I do not have anything holding me down here currently.. NOTHING. One of my other close cousins, who lives back in my homestate, has decided that she wants to move out there as well. She has nothing holding her back either. BTW, the cousin I mentioned that lives there already is the cousin who lives back in our homestate's sister. So she will actually be there with her oldest sister, and I will have 2 cousins there, if we decide to move there.

If I make a decision to go, it will be in March 2012, when my current lease is up from my apartment. I have read that the job market there is not the best in the whole world, and I have looked up other information. I am still researching. I do not want to get there and get in over my head and things not work out like I thought that they would.

So the reason why I am writing this is because I want to hear from people who actually live there currently, or lived there at one point, about how things are there. Of course I have asked my cousin and male friend about it. And of course they are biased because they love it there and want me to come on out there. My guy friend has a vested interest in me because he has feelings for me so of course he had nothing negative to say about Atlanta.. I digress though..

So I want to hear the good and the bad about Atlanta.. I am all ears, or this case, all eyes.

Edited by Miss SDY - Aug 27 2011 at 5:40pm
Sponsored Links

Chantal34 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chantal34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 27 2011 at 6:39pm
My stepdaughter just moved there for college and she loves it. Then again, it's her first time away from home. We shall see how she likes it later down the road. From what she has said it's really nice. She's a small town girl. She's been enamored so far with the 3 story Targets and the huge malls. I personally have never been.I've heard some stuff too. I wouldn't mind visiting though.
KottonKandy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KottonKandy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 30 2011 at 8:25pm
I live here and it's a decent place to live. I live in the suburban parts though. I don't hang out with the foolishness crowd lol, so none of that ATL ratchettness applies to me. Night life is cool, but it gets played out fast though. I'm older so I don't club like that, but concerts, arts, and a lot of other cool things come here. Shopping, dining is decent. Depending on the area it is a nice place to raise a family. However, I'm over it and I'm actually looking to move. Why I'm single and child free I may as well. Also I move here with no family and was still able to managed.
Bijoux View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bijoux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 01 2011 at 6:38pm

Love that city!Approve

RoxieDream View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoxieDream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 01 2011 at 6:42pm
Secure a job before you move .... imo, that's the worse part about this city.

Other than that, I love it
YoursTruly View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YoursTruly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 03 2011 at 10:05am
DO.NOT.GO.WITHOUT.A.JOB. Atlanta is a cool place, but I wouldn't do it without having a job first. I made that mistake when I moved to Dallas, and boy has it been hell. But other than that....GO FOR IT!!!
Miss SDY View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miss SDY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 03 2011 at 5:37pm
Thank you all for your responses! I have heard that getting a job out there in ATL is hard, but I will definently make sure that I have a job when I get there. Some people can take that chance and luck out, but I have to have a job and a place to stay before I move anywhere. When I moved to Dallas, I had came out here and interviewed and secured a job before I moved that next week. My sister lives here so I had a place to stay. When March gets closer, I will likely have to make a couple of trips out there around Jan-Feb to interview and will be searching areas and apartments to live in during the meantime. From what I have seen, I love the city. I hope to get to know the city more when I go in October..
honeyb87 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeyb87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 10 2011 at 8:48pm
Originally posted by handbags123 handbags123 wrote:

Ji ngshan is located in southwest China's Jiangxi Province, and Hawaii, Miami and other world-famous tourist destination in the same ─ ─ latitude 26 degrees north latitude yangtze river cruise reviews, with latitude here to save the world's most complete 7000 original secondary

Confused oh kaaayyyyyy....

Anyway, OP, I am from ATL (born and raised) and . Like someone posted, I am not a part of that ATL ratchedness since I also live in the suburbs, about 20 minutes away from downtown ATL. There is always something to do and the night life is decent. Great restaurants, entertainment, and weather. Don't be fooled, the summers are brutal but it also snows down here during winter. January is the WORST month.

Lots of rich black entrepreneuars (sp?) and people trying to make a name for themselves. I also hear from people who visit ATL that the people here "try to hard" and are "posers and opportunists". I don't think so, but I am biased lol. ^_^

Everyone seems to want to move here. There are very few people who live in Atlanta that are actually from here....go figure. Cool Oh and don't even think about moving down here without a JOB. It sucks here in ATL so plan accordingly before making that move! 
cutie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 09 2012 at 7:24am
i visited atl for the first time a few months ago and immediately loved it.  i want to move there as well.  i'm really considering it, since i have no kids or anything.  hopefully i'll be able to secure a job as an RN somewhere before i make the move.  but i'm driving out there later today for another visit so we shall see
*Belle*Femme* View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Belle*Femme* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2013 at 12:18pm
Originally posted by RoxieDream RoxieDream wrote:

Secure a job before you move .... imo, that's the worse part about this city.

Other than that, I love it
i moved to atlanta without a job secured and it was hard. I was without work for three months. Thank God I found something. But then I lost my job and it was so hard. Atlanta is a great city. I love the city and will move back. But as everyone else has said secure a job and go there. THe unemployment rate is high in that state. 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>