Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > The Archives > Hair Growth Archives > Hair Growth Archives 2008
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Forum LockedPossible Surge 14 Substitutes

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 13>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
LdySpartyLo View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Possible Surge 14 Substitutes
    Posted: Aug 04 2007 at 12:41am
Okay, all of you Surge 14 users might be feeling a little unsure of what to do now that the fate of the company is very uncertain.  I've been doing a little searching and researching and I may have found two substitutes for Surge.  Keep in mind that I have not used Surge or any of these replacement items.  This recommendation is based solely on ingredient lists so you will have to decide if substituting these products will suffice.

Surge 14 Hair Revitalizer - Ingredients:
Water, cetrimonium chloride, propylene glycol, muccopolysaccharides, hydrolyzed keratin protein, hydrolyzed vegetable protein, polyquarternium-7, biotin, fragrance, methylparaben, aloe barbadensis gel, propylparaben, citric acid, sodium PCA

(ingredients similar to Surge 14 highlighted in red)

Top Choice Substitute:
Aphogee Pro-Vitamin Leave-in Conditioner $4.00 - (ApHOGEE Pro-Vitamin Leave-In Conditioner) Ingredients:
Water, polyquaternium-11, amodimethicone, panthenol, hydrolyzed hair keratin, hydrolyzed glycosaminoglycans (hydrolyzed muccopolysaccharides), sodium-coco collagen amino acids, cocoyl sarcosine, wheat germ fatty acids, linoleic acid, linolenic acid, arachidonic acid, sorbitol, wheat germ oil, jojoba oil, tocopherol, sulfur, tallowtimonium chloride, citric acid, polysorbate 80, nonoxynol-10, aminomethyl propanol, dimethicone copoylol, acetamide MEA, PPG-2 methyl ether, fragrance, quaternium-15, methylparaben.
Pro: this product contains oils and vitamins not found in Surge 14; contains the muccopolysaccharides found in Surge; contains sulfur
Con: this product contains cones

Second Choice Substitute:
Fantasia IC Hair Strengthener Treatment $7.00 - (Fantasia IC HAIR STRENGTHENER Treatment - 6oz spray)  Ingredients: Water, polyquaternium-11, vitamins B1, B5, niacin, biotin, ethoxydiglycol, magnesium sulfate, propylene glycol, chitosan, hydrolyzed silk, cocodimonium hydrolyzed keratin, aloe vera gel, dimethicone, copolyol, panthenol, quaternium-15, polysorbate 20, fragrance.
Pro: this product contains vitamins not found in other 2 formulas and silk protein, contains chitosan which is an aminopolysaccharide
Con: this product does not contain muccopolysaccharides; contains chitosan which is derived from shellfish (allergy alert!); contains cones but near the end of ingredient list

I hope this is helpful to anyone out there looking for the Surge products.  Good luck!
Sponsored Links

Luvangel330 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 04 2007 at 3:23am
Another good option is Gueye Leave in Conditioner and the Braid Spray ( they have the smae ingrediantes ). I think it might even be better only because it has less chemicals and more essential oils and vitimins ingrediantes than Surge 14. The Gueye ingrediantes are: In exact order as the bottle
Deinozed water, vegetable gycerin. Extracts of : Matricaria, sage, nettle, rosemary, aloe, tyhme, lemongrass, comfrey, yarrow, horsetail, kelp, fennel, parsley, peppermint, quaternium - 15, capsicum, tea tree oil, avacado oil, olive oil, castor oil, wheat germ oil, jojoba oil, lavender oil, tocopherol ( vitimin E ), safflower oil, retinyl palmitate ( vitamin A ), polyquaternium 10, alfalfa Extract, panthenol 9 vitiamin B-5 ), Biotin, Apple cider. 
BrittanyO View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 04 2007 at 2:49pm
Thank you ladies for the info!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 04 2007 at 2:49pm
bump
Ms.Joi View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 04 2007 at 3:27pm
I don't use surge, but I think it is wonderful that you went out of your way to help the ladies find subs that are very similar to the orginal product.

Ldy, which would you say would be the most efficient?

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 04 2007 at 3:34pm
Originally posted by Ms.Joi Ms.Joi wrote:

I don't use surge, but I think it is wonderful that you went out of your way to help the ladies find subs that are very similar to the orginal product.

Ldy, which would you say would be the most efficient?

Of the two items, I thought the Aphogee Leave-in was closest to Surge.  It also includes a small amount of sulfur which is always beneficial to hair growth.  I'm just trying the Aphogee now so I'll report my experience.
monoogie View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 04 2007 at 3:36pm
Thanks Lady!!! Been lookin for a surge substitute!!!
whatwhat12 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 04 2007 at 3:54pm
Great research and that was sooo nice, thats how i first came onto using aphogee pro-vitamin--looking to simplify the regimen, plus it has a low ph and isnt as drying

another one, is motions nourish leave-in
It smells better than aphogee, but doesnt have a low ph,its cheaper though, but its kind of like a watered down version of aphogee provitamin

Water Aqua , PEG-12 Dimethicone , Dimethicone PEG-8 Lanolate , Amodimethicone , Tallowtrimonium Chloride , Nonoxynol-10 , Acetamide MEA , Panthenol , Hydrolyzed Keratin , Hydrolyzed Glycosaminoglycans , Sodium Cocoyl Collagen Amino Acids , Cocoyl Sarcosine , Wheat Germ Acid , Linoleic Acid , Linolenic Acid , Sorbitol , Triticum Vulgare , Simmondsia Chinensis , Tocopherol , Sulfur , Sodium PCA , Proline , Sodium Lactate , Polyquaternium-28 , Propylene Glycol , Diazolidinyl Urea , Methylparaben , Propylparaben , Benzyl Salicylate , Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde , Fragrance Parfum

Edited by whatwhat12 - Aug 04 2007 at 3:54pm
Ms.Joi View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 04 2007 at 6:58pm

Thanks for replying  Ldy.

Bumping for the Surge junkies out there LOL
quietone View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 04 2007 at 8:58pm

I used Aphogee and Ic Leave in prior to finding surge.  They are pretty good.  I think I'm going to find the Gueye Leave-in.  Right now, I've been simply using

CARE FREE CURL - Instant Moisturizer with glycerine and protein.. lol.

ingred:  water, propylene glycol, glycerin, cetyl alcohol, stearalkonum chloride, methylparaben, propylparaben, parfum, hydrolyzed wheat/protein, dimethicone, silica

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 13>