Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Poor? Walk through the Back Door!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 25 2014 at 3:14am
Then there's state and federal funding ..

And politicians and their contributors ..

Sponsored Links

afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 25 2014 at 3:18am
This fancy side door system should have been adopted ages ago ..

It levels the playing field and alleviates zoning inequity or post code lottery preserves the local culture and forces equal investment without displacement

But y'all ain't ready for that ..

Edited by afrokock - Jul 25 2014 at 3:25am
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 25 2014 at 3:41am
No, because this is America where that will not work. Y'all can keep that. I don't see it solving many of those issues. We do know who will be in the fancy door and who will not right? Because this will not be some culturally diverse utopia where everyone is treated equally and the local jazz man will still be allowed to play in the park without scaring the white mommies(as in BK)...it sounds a lot like separate but equal which was a huge fail.
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 25 2014 at 4:03am
I need to see a schematic of The Hive.  Is the "poor door" on the backside with no lights, next to the rubbish bins with dirty handles?  Or will it be designed as another respectable entrance but without the fanfare that come with money.  Will it look like every other average apartment building entrance from the outside?  Looking at it from the street will it be obvious that this is some sort of back door?

@Wonder...before the thread read like we were mad because they were gonna force POC (because the word poor is often associated with POC therefore it was assumed etc) to use a back door which is why it struck such a painful chord.  But now you're suggesting that the poor folks that will be allowed to move into this building won't even be POC anyways.

If that's the case...why we mad?  Why do we care?  Let poor white folks get their pressure up behind this.

Edited by newdiva1 - Jul 25 2014 at 4:19am
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 25 2014 at 4:08am
Lol..

ragincajin View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ragincajin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 25 2014 at 8:28pm
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

Originally posted by ragincajin ragincajin wrote:

I'm in agreement

Private owners in the front, council tenants via the side entrance

Like many UK buildings

Afro is this a common practice for both rentals and sales?
Interesting.
yes

Builders/developers can only get approval if a certain percentage of their building is for low income/social/affordable housing

Thanks Afro.
Had no idea. You've given me something to look into.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ragincajin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 25 2014 at 8:33pm
Originally posted by newdiva1 newdiva1 wrote:

I need to see a schematic of The Hive.  Is the "poor door" on the backside with no lights, next to the rubbish bins with dirty handles?  Or will it be designed as another respectable entrance but without the fanfare that come with money.  Will it look like every other average apartment building entrance from the outside?  Looking at it from the street will it be obvious that this is some sort of back door?

@Wonder...before the thread read like we were mad because they were gonna force POC (because the word poor is often associated with POC therefore it was assumed etc) to use a back door which is why it struck such a painful chord.  But now you're suggesting that the poor folks that will be allowed to move into this building won't even be POC anyways.

If that's the case...why we mad?  Why do we care?  Let poor white folks get their pressure up behind this.

Interesting. Why care?
There's something that keeps scratching at the back of my head about this.
I keep asking myself why this case bothers me so.
I think it's because I believe it portends worse to come.

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ragincajin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 25 2014 at 8:35pm

This fancy side door system should have been adopted ages ago ..

It levels the playing field and alleviates zoning inequity or post code lottery preserves the local culture and forces equal investment without displacement

But y'all ain't ready for that ..

I don't know Afro.
Don't believe it is as simplistic or as clean as all of that.
This is not a matter of Sally can't afford a sable on a rabbit budget.
Or Mike can't afford steak on a hamburger budget.
Much more at play here and a much grander scale.

ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 25 2014 at 8:38pm
Originally posted by newdiva1 newdiva1 wrote:

i'm not suggesting that they won't be POC...when i said i'm not talking about race, i meant only that...i'm not going on a racial tangent because that's a given.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
  Share Topic