FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Poor baby getting hair pressed

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345

Author
redbone.savage View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote redbone.savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2012 at 4:54pm
Originally posted by Kiwistardust Kiwistardust wrote:

I don't care how pressed/straight I wanted my little one's hair, all that screaming and crying is never worth it. Especially when it'll revert by the end of the week . . . What's wrong with cute twisties?
Sponsored Links

sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2012 at 6:55pm
Oh dear the poorbaby. They should've just cornrowed the baby's hair. I remember when my sister and I got our hair hotcombed we were 5 and 6 we never cried because we wanted to look pretty. Now I have to say I that I have 4 zzzzzz(or what comes after 4ZZZZ?) hair. Even at my age now before doing research, I sat in the weave chair with a super tight braid base, tender scalp and I never said a word. Now I got traction alopecia at my hair line and have to wear lace wigs.Ouch
samorya View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samorya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 28 2013 at 1:47am
Originally posted by MeMeMe MeMeMe wrote:

Why are there so many youtube videos of little Black girls crying when their hair is done??  Ouch

The crying means you're doing it wrong! Angry
this is not always true. my daughter crys when you part her hair. 

and i don't see the big deal. girls always cry when they get their hair done. but that's just my opinion.
Prazol60 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prazol60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 28 2013 at 2:34am
I was the same way at her age...I grew to fear then hate my aunt that did it. I would never ever put a child of mine through that. And shame on who the hell taped that sh*t and didn't put a stop to it. 
tvlady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tvlady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 28 2013 at 6:59pm
I guess I'm in the minority here, but I don't have a problem when pressing/flat ironing a child's hair.  I got my hair pressed when I was that age and then it was curled into shirley temple curls.  I think many here think she is crying because she is getting her hair pressed, but she may just be one of those tender headed children that cry no matter what you do to her hair.  She started crying soon as they touched it, so I don't think the hot comb has anything to do with it.  Some children cry bloody murder if you touch their heads.  Twists would get the same reaction.  Now the question is why would the parents record it and upload it to the internet.
genetra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote genetra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2013 at 5:20pm
1) I would like to slap every adult present for the taping of this video.

2) Yes, many girls cry when getting their hair done at that age. I totally understand that. But, did ya'll see how rough she was being with the hot comb?! Her hair had not even been prepped or detangled for that! It looked like she had had those pigtails in alllll week and they just decided to press her hair, dry & unmoisturized. The lack of gentleness with the hair is what is making me the mad. I always got my hair pressed as a child and it was a process. Wash, deep condition, rinse, moisturize, detangle, plait, air dry, then press. I only cried in certain spots, like the middle of my head because I was (still am) tender headed. I couldnt imagine getting my hair pressed like this!!
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic