Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
CoCo Black Hair
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Politics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Topic ClosedPolitics Have Destroyed Our Schools!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
K-Lady View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Politics Have Destroyed Our Schools!
    Posted: Mar 15 2011 at 2:47pm
I am so frustrated with how some states have decided that Federal funding is not needed for our schools...

In the past year, the budget for many school districts have caused school closings, teacher layoffs and school program cuts.   Obama's admin initiated the "Race to the Top" federal program to provide a stimulus payment to the states... Two states rejected based on the political party loyalty.

Now our state is losing teachers which means the classroom sizes will be larger, schools are closing which means kids will be bused even further as well as sitting in a herd of students, and third - special programs will be cut (i.e. special education, magnet schools, mentor programs for potential dropouts) 

Our kids are the ones who will suffer from these political decisions that have been made by right wing politicians whose children have received top knotch education!  It kills me to see them make decisions for our children when they know it will not impact theirs!  And all for the sake of loyalty to a political party whose kids also receive the same top knotch education like theirs!Angry
Sponsored Links

Chester McHustleton View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 15 2011 at 8:07am

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 15 2011 at 8:07am

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 15 2011 at 8:08am

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 15 2011 at 8:09am

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 15 2011 at 8:10am

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 15 2011 at 8:14am
NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 02 2011 at 10:50am
This is why folks need to go out and vote and get involved in politics by informing their elected officials about issues concerning them.
csungrl09 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 02 2011 at 7:39pm
Originally posted by K-Lady K-Lady wrote:

I am so frustrated with how some states have decided that Federal funding is not needed for our schools...

In the past year, the budget for many school districts have caused school closings, teacher layoffs and school program cuts.   Obama's admin initiated the "Race to the Top" federal program to provide a stimulus payment to the states... Two states rejected based on the political party loyalty.

Now our state is losing teachers which means the classroom sizes will be larger, schools are closing which means kids will be bused even further as well as sitting in a herd of students, and third - special programs will be cut (i.e. special education, magnet schools, mentor programs for potential dropouts) 

Our kids are the ones who will suffer from these political decisions that have been made by right wing politicians whose children have received top knotch education!  It kills me to see them make decisions for our children when they know it will not impact theirs!  And all for the sake of loyalty to a political party whose kids also receive the same top knotch education like theirs!Angry

at first i thought this was going to be about charter school which i am in support of but this right here is madness. this whole republican/democrat insanity has got to stop. i consider myself a democrat but i'd never not support a good idea, no matter who put forth the effort to initiate it.
sasha299 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 05 2011 at 2:20pm
ITA

I feel like both sides don't care about  our families our schools. They just care about their cronies and how they can get their hands on the country's money so they can treat it like their own little piggy bank.  I also blame the majority of americans who bitch and moan but don't speak up to make their voices heard.

Seriously, I think that within 5 years the US can be back on top if each one of us made some hard decisions INCLUDING finding out what our local and national representatives voted for and use that to figure out if they are good for us. Instead of buying cheap foreign made goods to save a penny so we can buy more crap that we don't need dedicate ourselves to buying locally and buying US made (of us materials) whenever possible.

Demand more for our schools and our children because THEY are our future. Insist that they are taught according to capability instead of this curriculum that is ridgid and leaves children behind. I personally would want to lengthen the school day for most children but I know that is an unpopular thing - longer school days mean more time to focus on learning and less rushing and homework. Bring back mandatory gym every day/week/every semester - no opting out of physical exercise. Take away the damn calculator until they have the foundations right. Mandatory language and eithics classes from the start. Teach world history and current events to widen our children's knowledge - make them more competitive in a global environment. I would think that this push for special Ed in a combined classroom needs ot end.

In CT our local government voted in July to increase our taxes retroactively to January. This meant that our taxes withholding almost doubled. They did not care that many of the people suffering would not be able to meet their bills with this tax increase - no they just did it and say eh they'll survive! I am thoroughly disgusted with all of us and the politicians.
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic