Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Police Commish Who Called Obama the N-Word Resigns
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Police Commish Who Called Obama the N-Word Resigns

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Police Commish Who Called Obama the N-Word Resigns
    Posted: May 20 2014 at 1:20pm

Police Commissioner Who Called Obama the N-Word Resigns

After intense pressure from New Hampshire politicians and threats of a town boycott, Robert Copeland has resigned.   

Posted:

screen_shot_20140519_at_3.38.28_pm

Robert Copeland 

youtube

The 82-year-old police commissioner who was overheard calling President Obama the N-word and would later refuse to apologize citing that the president meets all of his criteria for being called such, has resigned amid heavy political pressure and national outrage, The Washington Post reports.

Police officials confirmed to the Post that Robert Copeland turned in his resignation to the town manager and police chief Monday. Copeland's resignation comes after several news outlets reported not only his use of the word in reference to the president but his iron-willed refusal to apologize even after he was admonished during a town meeting.

After the news broke, several of New Hampshire's political heavyweights including, Sens. Kelly Ayotte (R) and Jeanne Shaheen (D) and Gov. Maggie Hassan called for his resignation. Police were flooded with calls from vacationers threatening to boycott the high-end vacation spot that plays host to the likes of Mitt Romney, who also called for Copeland's resignation.   

"I’ve spoken with Commissioner Copeland, I’ve spoken with his wife and I’ve told them, both of them, that the remarks were offensive, there is no place for an elected official or anyone else describing the president of the United States or anybody using that term," current state senator from Wolfeboro, Jeb Bradley told the Post.

"I explained that to them, and I also said: You need to resign."

Wolfeboro resident Jane O’Toole overheard Copeland use the slur when talking about the president in a restaurant. O’Toole then filed a formal complaint with the town manager.

When asked about his use of the word, Copeland replied to an email stating: "I believe I did use the 'N' word in reference to the current occupant of the Whitehouse," Copeland also forwarded the email to O'Toole. "For this, I do not apologize — he meets and exceeds my criteria for such."

O'Toole told the Associated Press Monday that she was pleased with Copeland's decision to step down.

"I feel it was the right thing for him to do to stop this incredible train that had been blowing through our town," she told AP. "I'm thrilled. The people of Wolfeboro have stood up and said that this is not acceptable."

Sponsored Links

Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2014 at 1:22pm
How could he be given enough time to resign? Why wasn't his ass fired???
femmefatale85 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote femmefatale85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2014 at 1:25pm
look at that Brotha's face
MsBMW View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsBMW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2014 at 1:26pm
Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

How could he be given enough time to resign? Why wasn't his ass fired???

BINGO!!
Gkisses View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Gkisses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2014 at 1:28pm
I lol'd soo hard at his face....this bullsh!t tho. they very well could have just fired him and saved a lot of time and money. However since he resigned he'll most likely still receive his pension and benefits which again is bullshi!t

Edited by Gkisses - May 20 2014 at 1:28pm
thewonderfulwa View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thewonderfulwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2014 at 1:28pm
Bye Cracka !
solena View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote solena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2014 at 1:33pm
"current occupant of the white house" LOL he mad as hell
bindy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote bindy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2014 at 1:37pm
He looks like grumpy cat.

Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (12) Thanks(12)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2014 at 1:38pm
^That's an insult to grumpy cat
Katrenia View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Katrenia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2014 at 1:40pm
These are Obama's last few years in office, so he can flex with no regret. These old racists gone learn to respect the position and it's power.

Edited by Katrenia - May 20 2014 at 1:43pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>