FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Pole Dancing for weightloss

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

Author
Nijjah25 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Nijjah25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pole Dancing for weightloss
    Posted: Jan 17 2013 at 2:27pm
Hey yall, iI know I don't really be down here. This year is the Year of me will be be handling biz this year.

So I am highly considering getting a Xpole Xpert for my bedroom. Pole dancing is a phenomenal workout. It strengthens your upper and lower extremities and strengthens your core to oblivion.
I know this because I have taken pole classes before and it was so much fun.. I lost like inches off my thighs and waist. I loved it. Didn't continue because the classes at the S factor were $300 for each level.. I can buy my own pole for  $350Sleepy. As you know the saying "Practice makes Perfect". So of course you aren't going to be a cirque de soile star on the pole first or second tryLOL but you will get the hang of it and notice how much stronger you get.

Just wanted to share what my endeavors are for the rest of this year. Buying my pole in feb..

My reasoning for getting an Xpole..its because 1. its one of the best and sturdiest out there..please be careful and research your poles weight capacity ..I am a thicker lady and I am not trying to go flying around my house into the closet or somethingCry

here are some videos that show Pole dancing weight loss

Sponsored Links

MizzAmirah View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MizzAmirah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 23 2013 at 1:25am
Guhll, more power to you. I'd like to get my deposit back when I move from here, so no thanks.

I'll keep stomping on my neighbors' heads with my treadmill.LOL
brieSFCA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brieSFCA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 23 2013 at 1:23pm
Im definitely considering taking pole classes for fitness, fun and also to learn the skill for possible future employment opportunity as a side hustle..

..I've heard of the S Factor, but wasn't too sure from what I've read on Yelp (im an avid yelper, lol).  I'm thinking about taking classes at Studio Baton, which has steep prices similar to S Factor, but the classes are smaller (from what I've read on the website).  I probabaly make a move on it in feb also... 
...How were the classes at S Facator? Did you feel that you learned enough for what you payed for? That's my biggest fear, that I will pay hundreds of dollars for a class and dont learn much from it..

..Once you start, let me know if you have any suggestions or recommendations, especially regarding the Xpole, because I will definitely need one for my bedroom also.. And I see all these cute lil poles that comes in several colors and even lights up, but I'm not sure of the ergonomics of all the poles that are out on the market..
cicisweetie120 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cicisweetie120 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 24 2013 at 1:47pm
sh*t im scared i might break my neck but i would like to learn
Nijjah25 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nijjah25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 25 2013 at 8:17pm
Hey ladies..thanks for your responses..yea im saving my pennies up for my pole..I prefer the x pole because I like that it has a static and spinning feature also can carry my weight..those cute lil colorful poles won't support me nor are they encouraged for a lot of usage. The s factor was worth it to me because 1st of they gave me a payment plan. 2nd they work on your confidence and give you your sexy back and appreciate your womanism if thats a real word lol. They help you with stretches and strength training to even get on the thing...but that is level one...I feel if you are a beginning you should take a level 1 class. .after that...buy your own pole and get the you tubing lol. Saves you money. Have fun and happy spinning.
Nijjah25 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nijjah25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 25 2013 at 8:20pm
Also to add to it..you need a lot of upper body strength if you want to perfom tricks and more complex spins if you already have it. Or if money is too tight. ....just skip the class and get your own pole..and practice practice practice. ..
dOLLish. View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dOLLish. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 26 2013 at 12:31pm
I've definitely considered taking pole dancing classes. It looks like a fun workout, and I also want to learn to do tricks. Embarrassed

There's a studio in the area that offers students discounted rates (WHOOT! Party). The biggest challenge (for me) would be to 1) go to the place and 2) stick with it.
madame pink View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madame pink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2013 at 1:41pm
I am going to be purchasing the Xpert Xpole in March. I have been watching loads of you tube videos everyday. The above videos are my inspiration. I watch everyday. Also try and check out some of the other beginner videos. There is even one girl who goes through all the stretching routines for pole dancing. Will try and post later. 
JudiBlue252 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudiBlue252 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 07 2013 at 12:12am
If you live in NC (In the Raleigh/Durham or Charlotte area) they have pole dancing classes at a studio called Vertial Tease Boutique...visit their website www.verticaltease.com  they have lots of classes for different levels. they have other types of classes and they also do parties. check them out!!

I came across this site because i wanted to try pole dancing for weight loss and to learn some new tricksWink lol
brieSFCA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote brieSFCA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 4:35pm
@Niijah25, thanks for the feedback! And I'm very frugal so I will definitely be "you tubing" it..
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic