FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedPoint System for Posting

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
Hair ViVi

Ultra

Author
dimepiece0823 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 07 2007 at 9:32am
What about a person like me who has been on the site since 2004, but doesn't post much? Am I going to be restricted because of that?
Sponsored Links

Soulie View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 07 2007 at 10:51am
Has this been implemented or was it a proposal?  And is the restriction on users POSTING or VIEWING??  Clarification would be nice.
NY2VA View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 09 2007 at 7:45pm
don't like the idea. It will push people away. than soon nobody will be posting on the boards. 
SuperNova View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 09 2007 at 8:32pm
me no likey dis new move.
  Most of us came to BHM full of questions and in serious need of help.  Some people even came bearing good information.  (Russ I don't mean no harm but the search doesn't always reap results so there would be some lost people who might leave BHM if they couldn't find the answer to the question or ask the question that led them here)  This will make it seem more cliquish too because all the members who have been here or who have enough points will continue to build rapport and e-friendships with each other and the new people will be outsiders.
SPICYMOMOF5 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 27 2007 at 7:36pm
Originally posted by sexynita sexynita wrote:

I don't like that idea. There are quiet a few people that have been members for years but don't post as often. Myself included. We would be punished because we prefer to lurk most of the time instead of participating when we have nothing to contribute.

I don't like this new point systemAngry I tried to start a thread and it said  not allowed Ouch .This will be another reason  I wont be able to get more points for your new point system.  Now  I wish i wouldn't have lurked so long and made random posts in threads I didn't care about                           
spitinlyrics View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 21 2007 at 8:02pm
I don't think you should restrict a person based on how long you have been a member or how many posts they have.  I could see folks not wanting to be bothered with this site and post in other forums that are similar to this one.  I really don't like the new rating system you have.  The fact that you have to have 50 posts just to start a new thread is ridiculous.  What I find is that sometimes you want to start a new topic but are unable to because you haven't made enough posts.  You want to contribute to other posts as well, but sometimes you have more questions than answers. 

Maybe you can have some of the Mods approve a thread b/4 it's started.
Ms.boldandsassy View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 26 2007 at 8:39pm
I dont like the idea. Some people say they like the idea because they only post in certain sections, but some people actually like post every where! I think this could push peolpe away from this forum.
Hair ViVi
Ultra
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
  Share Topic