Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Po ol Feminist w/4 kids and 3 BD/tired of critism
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Po ol Feminist w/4 kids and 3 BD/tired of critism

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 2.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
OoDles O View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote OoDles O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2013 at 8:10pm
Smart challenged npeople 
I tell ya
Sponsored Links

carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2013 at 9:01pm
Hypocrisy is on a roll this week and like I said previously, I am okay with that because I likes mah drama threads.Approve

*No names named so don't ask lol.
DiorShowGirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiorShowGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 20 2013 at 12:29am
Originally posted by maysay1 maysay1 wrote:

Inspired by her experiences as a single working mother living in a marginalized community, Tanya Fields founded the BLK ProjeK in 2009 as a response to sexist institutional policies, structurally reinforced cycles of poverty, and harsh inequities in wealth and access to capital that result in far too many women being unable to rise out of poverty and sustain their families. The group was nominated for a 2011 Union Square Award and Tanya has the honor of being a  Green for All Fellows, through which she connects with a national cohort of environmental justice change agents. With a Bachelor’s in Political Science from Baruch College, and a talent for public speaking, blogging and singing,Tanya has become a sought after speaker.  She provided a widely praised keynote speech at the 2012 Just Food conference, and served as a plenary panelist for the 2011 conference of the Northeast Sustainable Agriculture Working Group. Previous to the BLK ProjeK, Tanya worked with several high profile environmental organizations located in the South Bronx - Mothers on the Move, Sustainable South Bronx and the Majora Carter Group.  Tanya built upon the network, skills, resources and knowledge she gained through those experiences to create the BLK ProjeK.

She is a reputed and rising public speaker and educator. She has spoken, conducted workshops and participated on panels at Just Food Annual Conference, NOFA NY Winter Conference, Manhattanville College, Kingsboro College, Brooklyn Food Coalition, NEWSAWG and others.  

She currently writes a twice monthly column on food and food justice for EBONY.com and contributed a chapter for the book "The Next Eco-Warriors" by Emily Hunter

does she not get some sort of financial compensation from what all this article says of her works?this is wonderful and outstanding on her part to help communities...i am still out to court on her 5th child though...i can say this she is extremely fertile...just look at her and she is pregnant..oh well i guess the jury came back with ther verdict...Confused
StylingArabella View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote StylingArabella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 20 2013 at 12:53am
 America is the country of supporting poor life choices so why not this one.
Az~Maverick View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Az~Maverick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 20 2013 at 1:01am
Originally posted by femmefatale85 femmefatale85 wrote:

how do you make the same mistake 5 times?

Hell, I know someone who's made that "mistake" 7 times with the same drug addict man. And only THEN did she wake up, grew a brain and left him. I will never understand that.
leftywefty View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (10) Thanks(10)   Quote leftywefty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 20 2013 at 1:22am
Change the gender from female to male and this would be an entirely different thread.
"good for him for raising his children!"
"ooo thats a good black man"
"thank goodness men like him are helping the community"
"we need more committed fathers"
"does he have a donation page?"

The saddest sh*t is seeing women perpetuate the continual oppression of our own gender.
What she is doing is extremely positive and more than what MOST people do. Volunteering to read at the library ain't sh*t…volunteering in general ain't sh*t because 9/10 its sponsored by some corporate group with agendas that involve stealing every dollar out of the community anyway. Black folk need to be FOR black folk. That starts with grass roots organizations that are created by people who actually give a damn about us. CONGRATS to this sister for raising her children when five black men decided not to (shocking). CONGRATS to this sister for trying to uplift her community and call out these companies for feeding us junk that slowly kills us. CONGRATS to this sister for speaking up knowing that black folks, especially women, would be the most likely to try to tear her down. We all have our demons. Hers are simply more visible. I know damn well that some of y'all are baldheaded, broke, pessimistic, uneducated, dysfunctional, fat, got acne, drink too much, smoke too much, are nasty, or just straight up ratchet. At least this woman is seriously contributing something to BLACK PEOPLE. Not just as a facade or for constituents, but for real. If she's on govt. assistance its about time that the govt hired someone who gives a about us.
FarraFace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote FarraFace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 20 2013 at 2:11am
As she read this thread, she thought to herself, "damn sayin it with my chest, these bishes in here need both ovaries and some clit. They gone learn tonight."

[Kenny Rogers]
When wefty left the forum, not a holier than thou heaux was standin.
She said this one's for Tanya, as she watched the last one fall....
[/Kenny]

Edited by FarraFace - Nov 20 2013 at 1:34pm
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 20 2013 at 8:31am
I decided to just leave this thread yesterday but I'm glad I came back to give lefty a STANDING OVATION for that entire post ClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClap
patternsandtexture View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote patternsandtexture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 20 2013 at 8:35am
Originally posted by leftywefty leftywefty wrote:

Change the gender from female to male and this would be an entirely different thread.

The saddest sh*t is seeing women perpetuate the continual oppression of our own gender.
What she is doing is extremely positive and more than what MOST people do. Volunteering to read at the library ain't sh*t…volunteering in general ain't sh*t because 9/10 its sponsored by some corporate group with agendas that involve stealing every dollar out of the community anyway. Black folk need to be FOR black folk. That starts with grass roots organizations that are created by people who actually give a damn about us. CONGRATS to this sister for raising her children when five black men decided not to (shocking). CONGRATS to this sister for trying to uplift her community and call out these companies for feeding us junk that slowly kills us. CONGRATS to this sister for speaking up knowing that black folks, especially women, would be the most likely to try to tear her down. We all have our demons. Hers are simply more visible. I know damn well that some of y'all are baldheaded, broke, pessimistic, uneducated, dysfunctional, fat, got acne, drink too much, smoke too much, are nasty, or just straight up ratchet. At least this woman is seriously contributing something to BLACK PEOPLE. Not just as a facade or for constituents, but for real. If she's on govt. assistance its about time that the govt hired someone who gives a about us.

Good stuff though homeslice.
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (9) Thanks(9)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 20 2013 at 8:37am
Originally posted by leftywefty leftywefty wrote:

Just read the beginning and I don't believe the majority would give that response.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617>
  Share Topic