Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Braids
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Pls Tell me everything you know about TREEBRAIDS?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Pls Tell me everything you know about TREEBRAIDS?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8910
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
PlatinumLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PlatinumLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 02 2009 at 1:06pm
Originally posted by NorCalGirl NorCalGirl wrote:

what is the difference between tree, interlock, invisible braids? i'm getting "one" of them done tomorrow...i want the one where the real hair is corn rolled and pieces of the weave are also cornrowed but pieces of it are out---giving it more of a weave than the braid look...please help cause i don't want this stylist give me the wrong style

That would be cornrowed treebraids that you want. The extension hair is cornrowed into your hair and as you braid you pull pieces of the extension hair out.
Sponsored Links

PlatinumLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PlatinumLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 02 2009 at 1:06pm
Deleting duplicate post

Edited by PlatinumLuv - Sep 02 2009 at 1:07pm
NorCalGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NorCalGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 05 2009 at 5:20pm

lol omg all these braid terms!!! i'm new to this site and new to the braids/weave thingy. i'm a press and curl gurl...but since i took this job where i teach group fitness classes my hair has turned into a troll doll. Confused relaxers were not an option and my hair is way too long for braids (i figured when i start washing them my hair would immediately frizz up)

Thanks PlatiumLuv for the info. I just got my cornrowed/treebraid style. I used sytheic--100% toyokalon bio-spring braid (?) this style gives a "straw set look"--which i use to have when my natural hair was shorter.
i have to say the stylist did a good job putting it together (sorry this site won't allow me to post pics yet) however i dunno about the hair--i just got it done TODAY so i feel like i have a head full of curly fries LOL/Cryhowever so far i've gotten complements on it...i just want the curls to swell up so it can look a lil more natural...
however i'm really feeling your deep wave or loose curl long hair styleWink (thats actually the style i wanted but the BSS didn't have it---weird i know!) i would like that but i dont want the cornrows to show.
MoccaB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MoccaB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 06 2009 at 1:41am
Your hair looks fantastic. What brand of hair did you use for the first style?
dawnshiree View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dawnshiree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 24 2010 at 8:06am
what does BUMP mean?
Kheppera23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kheppera23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 27 2013 at 6:45am
where do you get this Santee hair from?
growlonghair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote growlonghair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 27 2013 at 6:51pm
I have a question regarding tree braids and the best quality human hair with cuticle intact. I saw a review on You Tube and the You Tube ""guru""  was like don't do it, dont get the best hair you can i.e. with cuticle in tact because the ""fake"" hair cuticles will interact with your own to create matting instead she said if you want ""human hair"" buy the BS hair which is stripped of cuticles. Thoughts?
Cream1970 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Cream1970 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2013 at 11:35am
Originally posted by NorCalGirl NorCalGirl wrote:

what is the difference between tree, interlock, invisible braids? i'm getting "one" of them done tomorrow...i want the one where the real hair is corn rolled and pieces of the weave are also cornrowed but pieces of it are out---giving it more of a weave than the braid look...please help cause i don't want this stylist give me the wrong style

I know this is an old post but different braiders use different terms. I've had tree braids. interlocking and invisibles.

When I got treebraids- they were individual braids with pieces of the weave hair pulled thru as they braided down the braid.

When I had interlocking- similar concept, but the braids were cornrows with the weave hair pulled thru. I didn't like it because I couldn't wear my hair in high ponies. -

Invisible braids were the most realistic and I wore them for 4 yrs or so. They start off as a micro braid but the hair is tied off about an inch down the braid in a very small knot, usually sealed with a dab of super glue, ALL of you real hair will flow freely with the extension hair. I kept about 2" of my perimeter out and you couldn't see the braided roots, so it was very realistic and I could wear my hair in high ponies. It's important to get a similar texture as your real hair because all of you hair is out w/ the extension hair.
brown123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brown123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 23 2013 at 12:59am
So basically if i get the cornrow treebraids I can't wear my hair in a high ponytail? I know u can get a few individual(micro) braids in the back. But I want it ALL cornrow.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8910
  Share Topic