Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Pls Help...Need Hair Recommendation

Post Reply Post Reply

Author
star42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote star42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pls Help...Need Hair Recommendation
    Posted: Nov 11 2012 at 10:14pm
My Mom will be getting her first weave install soon. She is going to get a sew-in so that she can give her hair a rest and grow it out under the weave. She wants the same exact style shown below (same length, volume, soft curls, etc) 

Can anyone recommend specific brands/names of hair that look like the hair shown in the video. She wants the same exact curls but doesn't want the hair to be stiff. Her plan is to wear a weave for 2-3 months at a time. I'm not sure if the brand shown in the video is sufficient for a sew-in weave that will be worn this long since the lady in the thread glued it in and only wore it for 2 weeks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTOq75nNv0w&feature=share&list=PLhD-Aq4hP0Z5ksTdZdrfzy2t70ecDVESH

Edited by star42 - Nov 12 2012 at 12:21am
Sponsored Links

ShadyLady View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShadyLady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 11 2012 at 11:58pm
Don't know if its just me, but no picture or video is showing.
star42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote star42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 12 2012 at 12:14am
Thanks ShadyLady. I forgot to include the link. I just added it to my post but I edited it a dozen times to make it a hyperlink and can't get it to be clickable. 
Kocoa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kocoa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 12 2012 at 4:47am
Here's the vid:

I wanna say that this is a deep curly.

I think hair addict online has hair similar to this but I can't tell you about their hair quality.

BSS-wise, I think Outre has a deep curly.

Edited by Kocoa - Nov 12 2012 at 4:49am
Leezylocs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leezylocs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 12 2012 at 8:37am
I would say maybe deep curly. Bss hair saga, goddess or velvet. To help more what is her price range? There is always aliexpress
star42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote star42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 12 2012 at 9:17am
Her budget for the hair is around $300 and seeing how she wants the same exact length and volume as shown in the video, I was told she would need only two pack or around 6oz of hair. The thing is, I'm not sure how she will feel about the whole weave experience (whether it's something she will like, want to do again, etc..) so I'm thinking she should try a cheaper BSS human hair brand first that mimics the hair in the video and if all works out well and she wants to continue wearing a weave, purchase higher quality hair. What do you ladies think?

She wants human hair and wants the curls to be soft and somewhat bouncy, not stiff. I have very limited experience with buying hair (tried it before and got it all wrong) Is Bohemian hair good? 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic