BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Please Pray For Chicago

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
mzjuicy553 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mzjuicy553 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 22 2013 at 4:37am
In 0.2 seconds!!! Everybody including the police trigger happy. I moved to the far west suburbs. Got tired of hearing police sirens & gunshots every night...
Sponsored Links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mzjuicy553 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 22 2013 at 4:46am
If your from Chicago it's a known fact that parks are where drug sales & gang meetings are held. Someone in that crowd was a target so some ignorant coward decided to air out the crowd. When I was young all my bros & cousins where banging. They always respected the youth & elderly. They wouldn't dare do no dirt if either or were present. Even though they were knuckle heads they had respect! We just talked about this the other day. How these young'ns have no respect for anything nowadays. I was blessed to be able to leave the city. Grew up in Englewood you can't pay me to step foot on 67th Halsted today!!!!
Printer_Ink View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Printer_Ink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 22 2013 at 5:17am
I went to graduate school in Chicago from 1977 - 79 and lived just outside of Hyde Park.

It was fun ... at first but then bit by bit the News would report these horrible stories and yes, I would encounter some hardened angry folks. Luckily I would just smile and be on my way. Even had a little run in with the Klan way over on (I think) the west side? Umm I was on the WRONG side of the Dan Ryan and everyone has warned me about being over there at night. I went shopping and my time slipped by ... and before I knew it ... it was nightime. This complete stranger hussled me into her car and got me the hell out of there!. THANK GOD!

I had a couple of friends that were mugged/robbed/raped- break-ins. I had other friends that moved to LakeShore drive... but still the criminals were going up there making them shutins actually. I forget all that was going on .. half of it I did not even understand - like who the heck would rape a blind lady? One of my friends was freaked out because this happened to her neighbor. I sat with her all night but I thought .. dammmm. And ... this was in 1979!!!!

I got too scared. After graduation, I didn't even try to get a real job in that town. I kept working as a waitress and everyday I would deposit my tips into the bank after my shift ended .. leaving just enough for the busfare. I think I did that for 6 months ... then one night, I packed my stuff in my car in the middle of the night and moved to Atlanta. I shudder to think how Chicago is now. Dead

I don't care what anyone says .. if you are living near a bad area  .. there is nothing you can do to prevent this kind of crime from happening. Maybe you can quit your job and start some kind of community outreach program ... but you cannot stop bullets, poverty and ignorance all by yourself.

And if you don't have enough sense to figure out how to save money and move .. then eventually you or your kids will be victims of it.

Leave. Put a plan into place - it ain't that hard .. you've just gonna decide.

It's been said .. let the thugs wipe themselves out and let the decent folk live a decent life. The decent folks can't be all mixed in with the losers.

You've gotta .. choose. Life ... or death.

Edited by Printer_Ink - Sep 22 2013 at 5:25am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mzjuicy553 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 22 2013 at 5:26am
Across the Dan ryan... You were probably in the Beverly area. It wasn't a friendly area for blacks back in the 70's...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mzjuicy553 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 22 2013 at 5:30am
Chicago a/k/a Chi-raq is horrible nowadays! My people that still live in the city call me stuck up because I rarely EVER come to the city to visit. I live the same distance from you as you do from me. Only difference is you don't have to worry about getting car jacked when you visit me.
Printer_Ink View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Printer_Ink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 22 2013 at 5:31am
I think you are right - it was so many years ago so I don't remember the name. Maybe Ellwood ... umm something is coming back now.  

I just remnember everyone saying  to make sure I am back on THIS side of the DanRyan .. before dark. Unhappy

Not the first time I bumped into these kind of people though. Shocked
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Make Them Stare Hair
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456