Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
Shatani View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 09 2004 at 2:01am
Originally posted by OuttaControl OuttaControl wrote:

Yeah..the fingers are much safer... for moisturizers, I like Mango Butter though i prefer to use that one on my hair dry as opposed to wet.  I like the Luster's S-Curl no drip spray moisturizer/activator...Seaplasma moisture spray, and ORS carrot oil...

Oils help you retain moisture..but for mositurizers, look for things with water as the first ingredient

you two ladies have the exact same hair texture as i do!!!  heres my issue, i understand that moisture is key but do you notice that any kind of touching of the hair makes it look less curly and nice than it did when you just got out of the shower???   this makes me hesitant to do anything that would require rubbing and manipulating my hair in any way....is it possible to moisturize without touching it??

i never use gel or anything like that...i just fold up my bandana and pull it back...
~T~
Sponsored Links

lady128 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 16 2004 at 9:55pm
WOMEN!  OF COLOR STOP WETTING YOUR HAIR!!!
You can not keep wetting your hair you a curl activator or a gell but if you keep wetting you hair what does it do during the day?  IT DRY UP!  You hair is dry and that lead to nothing but bad news!  You hair will just keep breaking off!  go to the hair store and find a mostrizer for you hair that will allow you to do what you want and not dry out you hair or scalp, Think of your hair as a plant and watter to a plant is like oil to you hair to muck not good to little not goo but just the right balence is always good!
OuttaControl View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 16 2004 at 10:24pm

Shatani...

you would have to touch it or else you would only ge tthe outside..but maybe you can go with a spray..i like the Luster's No drip activator/moisturizer spray...smells like lotion which is not bad at all.  U can just pull sections apart and spray trying not to manipulate too much..maybe that will work better than combing or finger combing..you can also get a spray bottle and put oil in it if you feel the need to use that.

Lady128...

Water is moisture..but I do put a moisturizer in my hair every time i get out of the shower..it is IMPOSSIBLE..and I am not even exaggerating...to comb my hair once it has dried.  Wouldn't you wet it everyday if this were the case?

cynirje View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 20 2004 at 3:39pm
I wet my hair everyday and my hair is very healthy. I use Paul Mitchell's "The Conditoner" on my hair. After I towel dry my hair I work the conditoner into my hair and comb it through. I usually scrunch it a little and let it air dry. I also comb through some hair oil, so that is dries with a shine. This conditoner allows my hair to keep its natural curl without it being frizzy. I'm not sure if your using a leave in conditioner on your hair, but that is the key to keeping your hair from breaking off ir you are going to wet it everyday.
drea2005 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 27 2004 at 8:48pm

Thanks for everyone's help! 

Right now I just have my hair in braids (my own hair) cuz I'm lazy!  But, as soon as I take them out I'll buy some of that Paul Mitchell's conditioner and start moisturizing my hair daily!

Kace View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 17 2004 at 11:18am
I have the same hair!  I put a relaxer in it to help calm it down, but it is still work.  When I wear it curly, I need to wet it to make it look neat.  The shower is the best but I do have a spray bottle of water and conditioner mix to spritz it with.  I am growing my hair out now, so it has been years since I had length to help hold it down.  When it is really short, it was very easy, but as it grows, my hair dries and I look like a poodle on a bad day.  Moisture is key.  I hate wearing it curly in the winter because I wet it, then I get cold.  I am so glad to be on this site though, because I never knew what to do with my hair for sure.  I had a lot of trial and error.  Already I see improvement with the mango butter on my ends.  Okay I am rambling.
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic