Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Lace Fronts (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

PLease Help!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
RedWine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote RedWine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2013 at 6:34pm
I know what you mean when you say the glue looks "dirty", I bought an assortment of glues and put them in little stripes down the back of my hand. For the most part,some of them did not try truly transparent. They were actually gray. 

I had that discoloration on my lace before. I cleaned but it remained. The gray went white with a bleach bath. When I dyed my lace light tan, it was then beautiful.

I suggest you try a new adhesive.
Sponsored Links

puggielove View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puggielove Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2013 at 12:08pm
I bought some tape last night, and am going to try a different solvent.
Not sure it makes a difference, but Ive been using an AV. My son pointed out to me last night that my adhesive (which I also buy through them), while sold as Ghost Bond, comes in a plastic container with the stores sticker on it..like they buy a large quantity and then sell it it smaller ones. He said that to him it smells like plain old Elmers glue. Now Im.wondering if it really is even GB!
So, Im going to order some GB from hairdirect or someplace similar, and just also ordered a new unit from a CV.
chatnoir View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chatnoir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2013 at 10:42pm
LOL  GB smells like Elmer's to me as well.  It has just occurred to me that I think your problem could be that you're not removing all of the C-22 from the lace, and that's attracting the dirt.  Try Dawn or any dishwashing liquid that's made to cut grease, and I bet that will help.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puggielove Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2013 at 2:42pm
I took the unit off and washed it, and noticed that the lace all over is now brown. It was transparent. I have some Rit color remover, so Im going to dip it and see if that helps. I don't know what could be happening to change the color. Im done with this AV though. Washing last night I had clumps falling out as well. My new unit from a CV should be here in a few days. Thanks ladies for your advice!
chatnoir View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chatnoir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2013 at 8:28pm
Eek!  That sounds like it might be dye run off turning your lace brown.  Good luck on your new unit, pls let us know how it goes with the lace.  I use light brown lace most of  the time, and knock on wood, the color has stayed true (except for my dye oopses).
SistaHollywood View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SistaHollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 30 2013 at 4:02am
Originally posted by Lacy Gal Lacy Gal wrote:

I think you need to cut the lace all the way back. I also believe you have got glue residue on your lace. You should purchase this

Cutting the lace back has nothing to do with the color she says it's turning. For one thing since you have Alopecia your wearing your unit longer then many of us do. [ usually a week] Do you have any hair remaining because you can try Tootsies methodClapClap and that keeps you from using adhesive ? Could you wear your unit may 10 days to 14 I know its a hassel but although I dont know the debt of your hair loss since you are white your head secreats more oil then black woman do so the body oil mixed with the glue has the propensity to turn grey . Also you a wig cap or steri strips [i think thats what sexibeach uses] will simulate your scalp so the oil from your head does not touch the lace . I use transparent myself but dont use adhesives because of being allergic to glue but when I did use glue transparent can turn colors easily. what color hair are you wearing if dark then when you bleach the knots it should turn a tan color and that still wont make your scalp when you part it look greyish .If you like lighter colors like I do then order Virgin hair and color it yourself that too will turn the lace a tan color but not affect the look of the scalp.Also buy your ghost bond from hair direct the AV probably is giving you ghost bond but buys in bulk and puts in her own bottles because she doesn't want you to know where she is getting it from so you don't know the true price or cost. Then buy the remover that will take it off the best after you have used whatever remover you use to take it off your scalp. If using a little dawn use the clear color it will help counterbalance the grey shade on the cap. I hope this helpsWink

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puggielove Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 30 2013 at 6:39am
I have no hair. It fell out over about a three month period, back in 07. Eyebrows, eyelashes, legs, nose hairs..lol. Its all gone. I tried wearinf a cap, but my skin is so sensitive to begin with, that it felt like I had an ant hill up under the thing, and I had to take it off, or Id have scratched all the knots out.
Over the years I've tried out different kinds of wigs, starting first with synthetic (like at wigs.com), then discovered human hair, but living where I do, the choices were limited (Very rural CT). I used to drive to Providence RI to a shop I found, and a human hair lace front wig ran around $700. I had one or two of those, and then a year or so ago, I was reading something and read "full lace wig". A few days of research later, and bam! I ordered my first unit. I felt kind of ripped off , to be honest, after spending so much on junk all those years.
I'm wearing blonde wigs , typically a 613/27/30. I'm really pale..white,white..I always had blonde hair, and I have blue eyes. I'm Irish,if that helps with an idea of my skin tone. Once, I did order a light brownish wig, I think it was a 4/27 blend. It was pretty, but I didnt look or feel like "me".
I contacted my AV about the lace darkening about a week ago, and of course, no reply. I wear the wigs a lot, but I am also very good about washing them, and keeping them clean from residue. I am just kind of stuck on it maybe being something they do during manufacturing, especially since they wont respond to my issue.
I'm hoping I have better luck with the CV. I went with transparent lace again, but I did go a little darker on the hair.
Thanks again, ladies, for all the advice. I've learned so much over the last few days, just scrolling through all the forums.
Lacy Gal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lacy Gal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 8:35am
Originally posted by SistaHollywood SistaHollywood wrote:

Originally posted by Lacy Gal Lacy Gal wrote:

I think you need to cut the lace all the way back. I also believe you have got glue residue on your lace. You should purchase this

Cutting the lace back has nothing to do with the color she says it's turning.

I agree. But by cutting the lace all the way back she may be able to cut some of the problem area away and have more of what's left covered by baby hair.

Have a nice day!
PeacefulOne View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PeacefulOne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 8:14pm
As someone mentioned, sounds like the hair color has run on the lace.  Be careful using the rit color remover, it can really damage the hair.  If you do, just dip the cap in it and rinse towards the hair, from the inside of the cap.

I learned on a men's wearer site, that leaving a little tiny bit of the edge of the lace free, without glue or tape on it will help prevent the attraction of dust, dirt to the edge of the lace while wearing.

Also the product adjust a bond from hair direct can be used to clean the edges without removing the entire unit each time.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic