Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Lace Fronts (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

PLease Help!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

Author
puggielove View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puggielove Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PLease Help!
    Posted: Jan 27 2013 at 11:50am
Hi all! First off, I'll tell ya, I'm a white girl. I've been googling an answer to my question for days, and not finding anything, but you all seem to have a lot of good answers, so I figured its worth a try.
I have been wearing full lace wigs only for about a year. have Alopecia, so I was happy to find out about them, and not be worried about my hair slipping off all the time. I'm pretty fair skinned, so I have ordered transparent lace. The knots are always good (this is my 4th unit), but the lace becomes dirty, and I just cant get it to come clean. It looks like a little strip around my head, and then it is of course no longer invisible.I scrub it gently with a small eyebrow brush when I wash the hair, but it doesn't really help.
Any ideas? Can I just rub it with bleach or something? The units themselves stay in good condition, but that "dirty" hairline makes them useless.

Sponsored Links

chatnoir View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote chatnoir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2013 at 1:04pm
Hi there, welcome. Smile

Are you using glue or tape on your units?
Lacy Gal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lacy Gal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2013 at 1:22pm
Welcome!  I have never heard of this problem before. Do you cut all the lace off the front perimeter?

Also, as the previous poster said. Are you using glue or tape and what kind?   Is there residue left on your lace?  What chemical are you using to remove your unit?

Edited by Lacy Gal - Jan 27 2013 at 1:25pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puggielove Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2013 at 1:32pm
Im using Ghost Bond. I was using a BMB glue, but I was having a reaction on my scalp. To remove the glue, Ive used that C-22, and now sometimes just use 91%. Im not sure if its something Im doing, or if the transparent lace just gets, and stays dirty. Frustrating!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puggielove Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2013 at 1:33pm
Oh, I forgot to mention, I leave very little lace at my perimeter..less than 1/4 of an inch.
chatnoir View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote chatnoir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2013 at 1:54pm
I also use GB, and I use the GB brand remover to remove the glue, which works really, really well - the glue just rolls right off within about 15 min.  Before shampooing the wig, I wash around the perimeter of the lace with a few drops of Dawn dishwashing liquid in order to get rid of the oils from the remover, and then I shampoo as usual.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puggielove Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2013 at 2:15pm
I can get the glue off no problem-Its the nasty color the lace turns. I truly need the lace to be transparent (I'm THAT pale)otherwise it shows. I'll try the Dawn liquid, maybe with a little scrubby brush to get in there good. Otherwise, I'm thinking I may need to go with a thin skin perimeter.
Thank for the advice! I'll let you know how it turns out. Tomorrow night is "wig wash day"..
hennared View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote hennared Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2013 at 3:17pm
NO!  Don't do thin skin.. trust me.  I'm a white girl, too.  I have no problem with transparent lace getting dirty but I use only tape, I think that helps (I hated using glues when I did).  Also it probably depends on what kind of lace you are using.  I imagine French might hold a stain more than swiss (not sure WHY I think that, mostly up to experience I guess).  But if your skin tolerates it well, tape is WAY easier to clean up after, IMHO.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puggielove Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2013 at 3:26pm
Thanks! Ill get some tape and try that. Ive only used Swiss lace so, I dont know.
I spend a while tweaking the hairlines and such, and then in a few weeks its all gross. The glue comes off but its like the lace has totally changed color. Maybe the glue is causing it? Tape is worth a try!
Lacy Gal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lacy Gal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2013 at 4:58pm
I think you need to cut the lace all the way back. I also believe you have got glue residue on your lace. You should purchase this

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic