Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Breakage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

please help with hair breakage

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
UrbanDoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UrbanDoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: please help with hair breakage
    Posted: Jun 02 2012 at 11:30pm
my hair always breaks off at the top of my head (the area I leave my hair out for weaves) while the rest stays strong and long. that area is so fragile. i even stopped putting heat on it and it still broke off. maybe it was from brushing the hair down??

can someone please recommend a good shampoo, conditioner and protein treatment?
Sponsored Links

Patricia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patricia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 04 2012 at 10:13am
I pay great attention to that part of my hair.  I started years ago putting more conditioner on that part.  I got that tip from another member and it really helps/ 
atexaschick View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atexaschick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 04 2012 at 10:39am
for a protein treatment I would use peanut butter.

Edited by atexaschick - Jun 04 2012 at 10:40am
Treschic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Treschic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 12 2012 at 11:31pm
Likely you're right your hair is breaking off because of repeat use of heating tools such as blow dryers, flat irons and curling irons if you use any of these. I had heat damage a year ago and noticed that the front of my hair also stayed straight even after washing it indicating that the hair had heat damage since it didn't curl up like the rest of my hair when wet.

I would recommend castor oil to seal your hair moisture and strengthen the damaged hair. A good protein treatment I use is regular mayonnaise ( yes the food type lol ) . Apply Mayonnaise on your hair ( I usually do this on weekends or when I have some hours to spare). Leave it on your hair for 30 minutes - 1 hour , cover your hair with a plastic cap and then after rinse. My hair has grown stronger as well as longer with this, best of all Mayonnaise isn't harsh and your hair doesn't get hard as a rock that you can't comb ( Aphogee ahem...cough cough)

Hope this helps
Phenomenal Woman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phenomenal Woman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 13 2012 at 10:56pm
Sorry to be hijacking your thread but I'm new on here and so far this is the only way I've found to communicate. Im a newbie to growing out my hair (its relaxed by the way and only about chin length) and I'm quite frantic, I started my hair journey at the start of the month so I'm two weeks in now. I did my research and bought many things I needed water based moisturisers, silk scarf, detangling comb, moisturising shampoo. etc. I decided to alternate conditioning weekly, I started off with doing a moisture deep conditioning  in the first week. ( i mixed head and shoulders damage rescue and all ways moisturising conditioner and deep conditioned) then last Saturday I protein deep conditioned with organics hair mayonnaise and put my hair in flexi rods to air dry and make nice curls to wear to church on Sunday. On Monday night I put my hair in twists overnight as i'm in my 13th week in between relaxers, I sprayed with a mix of water and my damage rescue conditioner, combed through, moisturised with Dr. miracles daily moisturiser and sealed with coconut oil and did two strand twists. covered with my silk bonnet and went to bed, I woke up on Tuesday and my hair seems to be breaking like crazy, what's worse is some of them are actually falling out from the root simply from my running my hand through my hair. What have I done wrong?? Pls help!!!!
littlebabybug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote littlebabybug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 15 2012 at 1:03pm
Originally posted by Phenomenal Woman Phenomenal Woman wrote:

Sorry to be hijacking your thread but I'm new on here and so far this is the only way I've found to communicate. Im a newbie to growing out my hair (its relaxed by the way and only about chin length) and I'm quite frantic, I started my hair journey at the start of the month so I'm two weeks in now. I did my research and bought many things I needed water based moisturisers, silk scarf, detangling comb, moisturising shampoo. etc. I decided to alternate conditioning weekly, I started off with doing a moisture deep conditioning  in the first week. ( i mixed head and shoulders damage rescue and all ways moisturising conditioner and deep conditioned) then last Saturday I protein deep conditioned with organics hair mayonnaise and put my hair in flexi rods to air dry and make nice curls to wear to church on Sunday. On Monday night I put my hair in twists overnight as i'm in my 13th week in between relaxers, I sprayed with a mix of water and my damage rescue conditioner, combed through, moisturised with Dr. miracles daily moisturiser and sealed with coconut oil and did two strand twists. covered with my silk bonnet and went to bed, I woke up on Tuesday and my hair seems to be breaking like crazy, what's worse is some of them are actually falling out from the root simply from my running my hand through my hair. What have I done wrong?? Pls help!!!!

is your hair over processed? can you trace the damage to flat iron or blow dry abuse? we gotta start by pinpointing the cause. hair doesn't just break of its own accord. WHAT DID YOU DO TO IT?!?! lol give us some background info and we'll maybe be able to conjecture. from what it sounds like you may need to do an aphogee. if your hair is this bad, aphogee's the only thing i know can halt the damage done, but ultimately you're just gonna hafta stay the course and ride out the damage on the wings of time. 
Phenomenal Woman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phenomenal Woman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 15 2012 at 5:47pm
Thank you so much for your reply! I haven't used any heat on my hair since I started my hair journey on the 1st of the month, but before then, I had a weave and when I washed my hair I did use a blow dryer to dry my hair underneath the weave. But the hair only just started breaking A LOT on tuesday, before then I had a few strands come out but I read somewhere that its completely normal and that we are supposed to shed about 80 hairs a day. Now when I moisturise my ends hair just seems to come off onto my hands and I think I may be losing my length too. (After i took out my weave, my hair was noticeably longer, chin length in the front and collar bone at the back which is the longest it has ever been.) since I've had my hair out of a weave, Its ALWAYS been in a bun when I'm out, and a scarf at night. I used to wrap it before scarf-ing but now I leave it in a bun and wrap it that way because I'm so afraid to manipulate it too much and cause more hair loss. As for my hair being over processed, Im not sure. As I said earlier I'm in between relaxers, I do use super strength relaxers because my natural hair is very coarse, thick and curly and it does get it bone straight. But its been 13 weeks since my last one, would it start suddenly falling out now?, Could I have upset the protein-moisture balance?. As for my regimen I use Dr. Miracles Daily moisturiser to moisturise and seal with coconut oil, everyday and night. Please if you think any other information will be useful, Im happy to provide any. Thanks again!
littlebabybug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote littlebabybug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 21 2012 at 11:49am
if your hair is so fragile that even a protein treatment won't help, the only thing i can advise is that you trim it little by little til the damage is gone- start out with as much as you think you need to get rid of the more critical damage. but be realistic. if it means 2 or 3 inches, then gosh darnit, snip off 2-3 inches. I had to do that back in April and believe it or not my hair is almost back to where it was before i trimmed. it'll grow back! 
The second thing is i would recommend is simply leaving your hair be. Just put it into a wig or weave or cornrolls or something so that you don't even have to see it for at least 2 months. Give it a chance to recover and your mind some sanity. I hate to say this but it sounds like that relaxer just might be too strong for you hair. next time your relax, go with a much milder relaxer. No, it won't get your hair bone straight. But you have to remember- when you relax bone straight, you destroy a heckuva lot more of your hair's internal strength and bonds than you would relaxing merely to take some of the kink out. Texlaxing would be your best bet if you want relatively healthy hair. 
sydney07 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sydney07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2014 at 2:36am
May be you need to try biotin or biohair treatment capsules it helps to stop hair breakage!!
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic