Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Please help :( extreme shedding/breakage

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
chrissysweetness View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrissysweetness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Please help :( extreme shedding/breakage
    Posted: Mar 18 2013 at 12:42am
I think I'm posting in the wrong place, but I'm a newbie and don't have permission to post in most sections.

So, I transitioned to natural for about 8 months, and received a lot of length during it. I recently cut off all of my relaxed ends and am completely natural. Now I am experiencing EXTREME shedding. For example, tonight when I deranged my hair, I had a huge handful of hair. When I co washed it, a clump of hair was in the sink. When I did rinsed and rehashed again another clump of hair in the sink. Finally, I combed trough y hair with a wide tooth comb and again, clumps of hair. If I run my hands through my hair, hair comes out EVERYTIME. Seems to be whole strands.

In between washing I keep my hair in single braids, and I keep under a satin cap majority of each day (I work from home) I try to keep my hair moisturized by water and sealing with coconut oil, but I've since stopped using coconut oil because I thought it was causing my hair loss.

My other products I use are:

Mixed chicks deep conditioner
Mixed chocked leave in
Cantu Shea treatment
Doo gro oil (sometimes)

I looke through all the threads in hair growth, natural, ad breakage and I can't find a similar situation. I'm almost in tears. Any suggestions???
Sponsored Links

BISFORBRIT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BISFORBRIT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 24 2013 at 8:10pm
Have you just had a baby? I know that made my hair shed like no other. 

Is your hair longer? 
MissAnnaMC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissAnnaMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 04 2013 at 3:15pm
I use to have that problem but I figured out mine was from not moisturising enough, i'd constantly find hairs on my tops - it became normal Ouch Since I changed my regimen I lose on average 50 (max) hairs a week ... yerp, a week, I get an inch of growth every 2 weeks now...anyway,

If your hair is thin it'll be weaker so it'll shed a lot more, try biotin for thickening it.

ACV (Apple Cider Vinegar) rinses, restore your hairs Ph balance and acidity and level your hairs porosity so it'll hold moisture better (I use to have to moisturise my hair about 3/4 times a day, now once a day or every other day is enough)

A black tea rinse tends to stop or reduce breakage for about a week, so weekly black tea rinses should help.

For moisture, incorporate baggying/Green house effect to your regimen to do overnight (I do it 3 times a week)

I don't know if you want to know my regimen but it's basically extreme protective styling and I only touch my hair on wash days really. I wear wigs the rest of the time but keep my hair moisturised throughout.

Hope this helps =]
lalaLeslie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lalaLeslie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 08 2013 at 8:45pm
Being natural/not using a chemical to straighten your hair doesn't cause breakage so that's definitely not te issue. One issue could be that w/ straight hair, the strands can fall out, where as natural hair shed hair basically stays in your hair until you manipulate it. So it could be you're noticing it more. Another reason could be your change in products, you may be allergic to something in you new regime. Another thug could be that you're actually experiencing breakage. Unless you closely look at the clip of shedding and see that they all mostl have white bulbs on the end, than it could actually be breakage. And to prevent that, basically making your hair is very moisturized and handling it with a lot of care. The other thing someone else said about being pregnant could also be the culprit too.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply