Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Lace Fronts (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Plasti-kote krystal clear instead of Krylon??

Post Reply Post Reply

Author
Aphelion View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aphelion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Plasti-kote krystal clear instead of Krylon??
    Posted: Dec 13 2012 at 6:40pm
http://www.plasti-kote.co.uk/Product/pcode---4079/pccode---3620

I can't find krylon here in the uk, someone said b&q but I went to my local b&q and searched everywhere for ages and couldnt find it! I also asked and they looked at me like I was crazy and sent me to the aisle with plasti-kote crystal clear coating, saying it was the same thing. I also searched every craft store and found only plasti-kote. I was going to buy it but read on the back and it said 'WARNING, highly flammable, spray in well ventilated area etc'

Does it say this on the krylon sealant? This scared me lol. I looked up the uses of it and researched it and it seems to be the same thing. I just bleached the knots on the front part of my wig and it actually kind of worked!!! most that I covered bleached I think, and none of the roots! which I am SO happy about as it limits my faux bleaching. But now I want a strong! sealant because I want to wear my wig tomorrow night. 

At the moment I am using Got2Bglued freezing hairspray (2 coats) but feel I also need an acrylic spray now that I have bleached? Is this stuff safe to put on a wig which I put on my head? I'd really appreciate any help.
Sponsored Links

Aphelion View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aphelion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 13 2012 at 7:02pm
http://search.diy.com/search#w=plasti-kote%20krystal%20clear&asug=

I dont know which one to buy out of these? 

(or)

cosmogirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cosmogirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 15 2012 at 3:57am
Can you not buy it online?
hennared View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hennared Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 15 2012 at 6:37am
I think it is the same thing; and you want the matte finish (no shine).  Turn your wig inside out on a mannequin head, I wrap some old fabric pinned around the bottom perimeter of my wig to protect the hair, then spray the cap while next to an open window!  
Aphelion View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aphelion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 26 2012 at 6:20pm
Only just notified about these posts! wierd. I can but I thought if I could buy it from the store then why pay delivery? it seems to be the same thing so ill give it a try.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic