Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Braids
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Pictures of my braids (crochet, cornrows, etc)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
tjayce88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tjayce88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pictures of my braids (crochet, cornrows, etc)
    Posted: Aug 12 2010 at 7:57am
i've recently went all natural and i plan on getting my hair braided very soon since i ADORE braids lol. here are some styles from the past. :)

crochet braids, freetress water wave (separated hair a lot)

same, but i cut a bang on them (also my fro shrunk and i trimmed it up a little)

crochet braids in the middle and micros on the outside (freetress deep twist)

these are the same as the first picture. it looked REALLY big when i first got it done and so natural! (water wave, heavily separated)

i think these were in a mohawk style. this is just thrown up in a ponytail.

lol i didn't keep them this long, i cut them later. (crochet braids, freetress deep twist)

they looked a LOT better to me after i cut them lol!

i have more pics and i suppose i need to make a fotki album. nevertheless, enjoy! :)

Sponsored Links

mizbisi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizbisi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 12 2010 at 11:20pm
love it! and i love the 4th pic. is that from when you first did the crochets or after the settled?
tjayce88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tjayce88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 13 2010 at 12:16am
thank you :) the fourth picture is when i first had them done. i'm sure they would have stayed a little bigger, but i did shape up the hair with some scissors (it was just TOO hot out for all that hair lol)

whenever my hair started to settle, i just separated the strands again. maybe next time i'll sleep with my hair in a high ponytail to see if that keeps the fullness any better.
Fresh2Def926 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fresh2Def926 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 23 2010 at 2:42am
couple questions about the freetress deep twist (i've been lurking to see if anybody else has used it successfully!)

So i tried to get braids done with this hair a couple months ago, but it was a disaster...my braider couldn't separate the hair when we took it out of the package, and it was a tangled mess before we decided to just give up!

I really want to try to give this hair another go, so what did you do to make it more manageable? Was it difficult to separate when you took it out of the package? How did u get it to look so good in the second to last picture (i want my braids to look something like that...it looks amazing!)

and advice for how I can make this work would be great. your hair looks beautiful in all of the pictures!! :)
dashi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dashi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 23 2010 at 7:17am
I like the 3rd photo, you look great in all of them.
tjayce88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tjayce88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 01 2010 at 10:29pm
Its true that right out of the pack the hair is hard to separate with Deep Twist. I don't know why, but its all stuck together at the top, so I had the same problem. Although it was a little frizzy at first, as long as you throw on a cap of some sort, the frizz will go down. Also, its easier to just cut the hair in the pack in half. I tried that the second time and it didn't frizz at all. Its a bit too long right out of the pack anyway (I ended up cutting the hair the day after when I installed it long lol).
tjayce88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tjayce88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 01 2010 at 10:37pm

here are my newest crochet braids. i couldn't find any freetress deeptwist in the new area i'm in, so i used some hair with a pretty similar curl pattern. i don't like the hair as much as freetress though. the hair is Pure Exchange in 1b and i think its called deep curl or something. it would work better for micros i think.

lilpooky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilpooky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 04 2010 at 9:14pm
OMG! I love these pics, especially the last ones you just posted. I've been thinking about getting crochet braids for a while. But now, seeing how good they look on you makes me want to give it a try! :)
saintz11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saintz11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 10 2010 at 6:44pm
Your hair is really pretty
Untitled_Diva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Untitled_Diva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 11 2010 at 6:27pm
very cute
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Make Them Stare Hair
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>