Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Pics/Props to TexturizedDiva! /and Manemaxx

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 6 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Bribby View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bribby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 01 2014 at 11:48am
Just beautiful!

I've had the glue fusion and that messed my hair up :/
Sponsored Links

bailadiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote bailadiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 02 2014 at 10:01am
Originally posted by Cream1970 Cream1970 wrote:

I tried fusion back in 02 and didn't care for it. Then I went with invisible braids, still strand by strand, but with a small braid and knot attaching the extension hair. I LOVED them. No glue.

This sounds promising!
Thanks for sharing!

You're welcome. I looked into invisible braids, the strand-by-strand method. But, due to my hair texture, it was not recommended for me. My hair tangles easily and the stylist said it would be a nightmare to take out. It was also really expensive. Plus the angle I wanted was something I could do at home and maintain on my own. 

There was a method (I can't remember the name), where the invisible braid was 'truly' invisible. It was extremely expensive and took several days to do a full head, it was beautiful! But permanent! It involved taking a few strands of your natural hair, braiding it with a few strands of weave hair and created a foundation. It was super thin and undetecable. Your hair grew out with this extension technique. My fear was...if you got a bad batch of weave hair, you were screwed and would have to cut it out!Shocked
Cream1970 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cream1970 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2014 at 12:58pm
This sounds great. I never put heat in my hair/only wear curly hair.
I miss the versatility of strand by strand installs,nothing like a high ponytail without any bulk or a scarf. When I moved 8 years ago, I found the BSS stores and braid shops so over priced here due to lack of competition, (this city is only 7% Black), and it would've cost 2-3 times as much for the hair I used to use and the install, so I started wearing half wigs, then weaves.

I found the hair I used to buy for my invisible braids on clearance on the net last year and bought about two installs worth, but had no way of getting it installed. Well, wasnt willing to pay a braid shop. Until now. ☺

I LOVE my self made u part , it feels so good not to have to give my $ to someone else, I LOVE my Wags NC, but to be able to have even more options, and to even possibly use this method to help with closing the gap between my leave out and u part/blending, would be even better!
realvirginhair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote realvirginhair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2014 at 4:38pm
Love your hair.
I also loved the way you did the review.
I have a question if I may?
Will I need to order hair from both websites you listed or which site did you purchase the Hair Extensions from?
Thank you very much.i
Your info has helped a lot.

SUCHAd0LL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SUCHAd0LL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 06 2014 at 7:51am
Your hair looks great and that was a great review ! I would be too scared to try fusion though Confused.
bailadiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bailadiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 23 2014 at 11:13am
Here is an update to my review: 
I still love this the DIY Manemaxx system. It has been liberating to not only my hair, but also my pocket. I have just removed my install because my hair grew out quite fast. Although I cannot use super heavy oils on the actual bonds, I was able to care for and maintain a proper hair regimen which is what I believe led to good growth. I oiled my hair with a hair color bottle with a slant tip. 

The extensions stayed in remarkably well, even for someone (me) who who wets their hair almost everyday. I was able to condition, manipulate and even pull my hair into a high bun. It was very easy to replace bond too. Once a week, if I lost any bonds, I would heat up my pot and put them back in. Then hop in the shower and go. The extensions, the way I applied them, are pretty much undetectable. Even hubby didnt notice them. They are very natural and you are not locked into one style like some weaves are. 

I am updating because I am in the process of removal and it was too easy. I just bent the bond back and forth and slid the hair out. That's it. For any residue left, I wiggle it around to get the bulk of the tembond off and used warm olive oil to remove any residue. I am getting a double benefit of a hot oil treatment too. Wink For any bonded areas that were stubborn, I just used oily fingers to work it off. 

I have experienced no breakage and I only see shed hairs in the bond. My hair is really healthy after the removal and I am ready to put them back in! 

I finally have a good hang of this and can probably now do a full head in less than four hours. This go round, I am going to part my hair in quarters and rows, that way I can part my hair anyhow and anywhere. Just an update and if anyway gets a chance to use it, I wish you the best. I love it! 
bailadiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bailadiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 23 2014 at 11:17am
Originally posted by realvirginhair realvirginhair wrote:

Love your hair.
I also loved the way you did the review.
I have a question if I may?
Will I need to order hair from both websites you listed or which site did you purchase the Hair Extensions from?
Thank you very much.i
Your info has helped a lot.

Thank you!Heart
I'm sorry I missed your question! I tried to get them all. 
I purchased the hair on this site via the M2M area. The seller was TexturizedDiva. The hair was and still is amazing. 
QueenBee View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QueenBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 23 2014 at 4:48pm
Caaayutteee!   How long was it up? Do you think it will work on 4b natural hair?
bailadiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bailadiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 24 2014 at 9:30am
Originally posted by QueenBee QueenBee wrote:

Caaayutteee!   How long was it up? Do you think it will work on 4b natural hair?

HugThanks!

If you mean "up" in the fusion. I keep them in for about 2-3 month. I have 3b-c hair, so as it grows out, I need to change them out periodically. People with straight or relaxed hair can keep them in 4 months or more. Some people leave them in until it completely grows out. 

As far as 4b hair, yes I believe it can be used successfully. You may hav eto change them out more, but the nice thing is, you don;t have to do them all at one time. You can take a bond, easily remove it, then reapply. 

There are not many videos or reviews on curly, ethnic hair for MM, which is why I did my review on it. MM has allowed me to grow out my hair, and taught me how to baby my hair even more. The bonds force me to be gentle to my hair, which is what I should have been doing in the first. I 'only' use extension hair that match my texture and I think using MM on 4b hair would be exceptionally beautiful!Smile No one would ever know you have extensions.

Edited by bailadiva - Sep 24 2014 at 9:31am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123