Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Pics/Props to TexturizedDiva! /and Manemaxx

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 6 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 30 2014 at 6:47pm
You are a brave lady . I would be ball trying to install lol . I love your natural hair . Simply long and beautiful . The last clear picture looks really nice . Thank you so much for sharing . I hope you found what works for you .
Sponsored Links

WhitWhit86 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote WhitWhit86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 30 2014 at 8:08pm
Very detailed ✔️✔️✔️
Very informative ✔️✔️✔️
Your install ✔️✔️✔️
Thank you for sharing
ragincajin View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ragincajin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 30 2014 at 8:25pm
Originally posted by WhitWhit86 WhitWhit86 wrote:

Very detailed ✔️✔️✔️
Very informative ✔️✔️✔️
Your install ✔️✔️✔️
Thank you for sharing

What she said. ^^^^^
Quick question: Does this method hold up under heat? 
I love my old fashioned plug in hot curlers.
Ten minutes and my hair has nice loose curls.
Wondering if this bond is wax like, it might not be a go with heat.
Beweavethis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beweavethis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 30 2014 at 10:07pm
I purchased from Texturized Diva as well and the hair was awesome, i was actually going to bug you for straight hair TD LOLLOL ,
pretty hair OP Blending looks awesome Clap

CallMeLaLa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CallMeLaLa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 31 2014 at 8:00am
Thanks for the very detailed review and comparison! I've always wanted to try fusion extensions, but have been leery of hair loss and thinning. I will do more research on it now, all hope is not lost lol. 

bailadiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bailadiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 31 2014 at 9:16am
Originally posted by india100 india100 wrote:

I love your natural hair. Simply long and beautiful. The last clear picture looks really nice. Thank you so much for sharing. I hope you found what works for you.

Thank you! It's worked nicely so far and I am still trying to perfect the technique. 
mzsophisticated View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mzsophisticated Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 31 2014 at 9:25am
Very detailed review..and i brought the same hair from texurizediva and i love it
bailadiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bailadiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 31 2014 at 9:33am
Originally posted by ragincajin ragincajin wrote:

Yes and no. 
Since I really no longer use heat on my hair, the few times I did my bonds were ok.  Like any fusion technique, you really can't place a curling iron or flat iron on the bond. I use a blow dryer on warm (not hot) to air dry my hair. I tug on my hair as it dries so that it will dry flatter. 

The last time I used hot curlers was for a wedding and I had no bond loss. But, and a very big BUT...I was careful not to roll any of the bonded areas on the rollers. I stopped just before I reached the scalp and used a clip to hold the roller in place. The trick is to let the curlers cool completely before taking them out. MM directions said if your skin can handle the heat, so can the bonds, so I took that at face value. 

The same goes for washing my hair. I wash in hot/warm water and it slightly softens the bonds, but I rinse in cool water to make the bonds hard again. After that, I am able to manipulate my hair (comb, brush, dry). A diluted ACV rinse works well too. 

That's what I do, but their website as a FAQs about using heat on the bonds. They may be able to explain it better than I did. LOL

I hope that was helpful.
ragincajin View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ragincajin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 31 2014 at 10:39am
Originally posted by bailadiva bailadiva wrote:

Originally posted by ragincajin ragincajin wrote:

Yes and no. 
Since I really no longer use heat on my hair, the few times I did my bonds were ok.  Like any fusion technique, you really can't place a curling iron or flat iron on the bond. I use a blow dryer on warm (not hot) to air dry my hair. I tug on my hair as it dries so that it will dry flatter. 

The last time I used hot curlers was for a wedding and I had no bond loss. But, and a very big BUT...I was careful not to roll any of the bonded areas on the rollers. I stopped just before I reached the scalp and used a clip to hold the roller in place. The trick is to let the curlers cool completely before taking them out. MM directions said if your skin can handle the heat, so can the bonds, so I took that at face value. 

The same goes for washing my hair. I wash in hot/warm water and it slightly softens the bonds, but I rinse in cool water to make the bonds hard again. After that, I am able to manipulate my hair (comb, brush, dry). A diluted ACV rinse works well too. 

That's what I do, but their website as a FAQs about using heat on the bonds. They may be able to explain it better than I did. LOL

I hope that was helpful.

Fantastic.
Thank you.
And thanks so much for sharing your experiences!
Cream1970 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Cream1970 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 01 2014 at 9:58am
I tried fusion back in 02 and didn't care for it. Then I went with invisible braids, still strand by strand, but with a small braid and knot attaching the extension hair. I LOVED them. No glue.

This sounds promising!

Thanks for sharing!

Edited by Cream1970 - Aug 01 2014 at 9:59am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon