FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Topic ClosedPics/Props to TexturizedDiva! /and Manemaxx

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 6 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
bailadiva View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pics/Props to TexturizedDiva! /and Manemaxx
    Posted: Jul 30 2014 at 3:35pm
DIY Extensions/ Props to TexturizedDiva/ and Manemaxx Review (Lengthy to review)

I've been on BHM, it seems like forever, but I am more of a researcher than a talker. But when I have something to share, I do. I have been a fusion extension wear for some time after re-growing out my hair. Love them and realized that this is my preferred method to grow out my natural hair. After a few hiccups, I now have mid-back length hair by using individual fusion extensions. It allows me to take care of my hair on an as-needed basis. Plus, I was on the lookout for an extension method that was fairly undetectable and allows my husband to feel my head during "those times" without lumps and bumps. My last find accomplishes this (manemaxx).

First, props to TexturizedDiva for a flawless sale transaction for her Malaysian curly hair. Brand new and gorgeous! She described the hair fully, answered my questions in a timely manner and shipped quickly. I loved the hair she sent and was one of the best hair purchases I have ever made. The texture was spot on and she even freely shared the vendor information, taking care to disclose an issue with them. Thank you TexturedDiva! I would certainly purchase from you again!

Back story, I was looking for a way to grow out my hair without BC'ing. I got a nice, healthy trim and started with sew-in weaves. They were 'ok' for a bit, but I missed the versatility and they always felt lumpy and heavy. Plus, my hair did not thrive. It grew, but it grew out thin. Then I tried lace fronts and half-wigs and found that I am NOT a wig wearer. (I'm claustrophobic and wigs felt suffocating to me, I know weird right?). Then I found out about fusion individual strands and used various methods to successfully to grow out my hair without having to 'greenhouse' it under a wig or weave. I started with Liquid Gold Cold Fusion, Keratin Bonds, then graduated to Micro-Links, then on to Manemaxx.

Liquid Gold Fusion was nice! But you had to use heat to connect them and cement them to your natural hair. Then... you needed a chemical (or acetone) to remove them with more heat. But they began my journey and they lasted for 3-4 month with no maintenance. I was able to moisturize my hair and I had immediate access to my scalp. If you lost an extension, it was easily reapplied with a bit of heat. I did not purchase the heating tool, I used a very tiny gauge curling iron to stick them on. Doctored Locks shows you how to do this technique. 

Same thing with Keratin Fusion bonds, but I found that the Keratin bond was nearly impossible to get out of my hair without hair loss. Putting them in was like using a hot glue gun and just as difficult to take out (just like a hot glue gun) Although they held perfectly (I only lost 4 strands in 5 months), the removal process was awful and took days to take out. Residue remained on my hair and even weeks later when I thought all traces of keratin were gone, a sharp tug from a comb reminded me that some was still in there! But, these babies hold. 

Then I moved to Micro-links, so easy and straight forward. No learning curves. But I had to buy tools and after about 2 years using them, I was noticing my hair was thinning in the areas the links were attached. The metal microlinks were 'sawing' through my hair with continued usage. Then I switched to the silicone-lined microlinks and those proved to not only to still saw my hair, they did not lay as flat. PLUS! They are difficult to get through TSA Airport scanners without announcing you have extensions! Learned the hard way! Also, one big con was during removal, if you did not squeeze the tool on the metal link correctly, you ended up tightening the microlink around your hair so much that you had to sometimes cut it to remove. 

I found out about Mane Maxx tempbond (I ordered smoke) from the DIY Extensions site. I did some research and even tried to find out about it here and found only a few posts. There wasn't too much info per se, but from what I found, people love the product. Makeup Alley had a review site on it and there were plenty of videos on Youtube. The owner specifically created it so people can DIY in the privacy of your home inexpensively. So I ordered it. So far, it's a win. I love how easy it was to install and it removes without any solvents, heat or chemicals. Literally you dip it, you place it, smooth it, and you’re done. To remove, you wiggle it around until it break apart and the bond release and then you comb out the powder. No Hair Loss!!!! They claim that it is not a glue or adhesive and works like a wax.

I just put on a movie, set up my mirror and went to work. There is a learning curve, but once you get the hang of it, it's so easy. I can now do a full install in about 4-5 hours. I break it up in shifts or do the whole shebang on a lazy Sunday.  If you have someone helping you, even better. I'm not trying to sell anybody on it, because we all have our preferred methods. But if you like wearing fusion individual extensions, this may work for you. They are pretty undetectable, plus when people touch the top of my head, they don’t know it extensions until I show them. They lie that flat.  Once they are in, they wear for about 4 months. 4 hours for 4 months? A win for me.

I'd be happy to answer any questions if you have any. Or feel free to PM. Just sharing the wealth and testing it out. I have posted installation pics below:

Setup and Prep

Top two pics, my natural hair length & texture. I like my hair to be longer and instead of dying my hair, I now can use fusion to temporarily give me highlights without damage. Bottom two pics: Supplies I used and the actual Tempbond product.

Clockwise: Actual package and product in wax pot, stirring the tembond to mix it, snip off desired hair, comb out beard hairs, section out your hair, place on plastic disc. 

Actual Install

I followed directions to a T, but there are a few techniques that work better for some than others. I installed larger attachments in the back and smaller ones on the sides and crown. 

Clockwise: Stir tempbond before each application (the bonding stuff getst hick at the bottom), dip hair, spread on flat surface or stir stick, re-dip, place on sectioned hair and allow the tembond to seep through, wait 10 seconds, flatten and mold into cylinder quickly before it cools. Do not squeeze or roll or you will break the bond.

Clockwise: Install in progress, how the MM fusion lies flat and smooth. Can't see bonds poking through. and the completed install with long length.

Removal!!! 

Easy as pie! Wiggle bond around, slide out hair, wiggle remaining left on hair to break up bond. Bond will fall part and then comb out rest. No hair loss. The bond on the hair is also temporary and you can reuse, re-dip, reattach. Also, you do not have to cut bond out of hair, which results in losing precious length.

***If you mess up during install, you can easily remove and re-do in another spot or change up. Not possible with keratin or Liquid Gold. 

MY INSTALL

Edited by bailadiva - Jul 31 2014 at 9:51am
Sponsored Links

bailadiva View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 30 2014 at 3:52pm
Thought I made the links clickable. Trying again. I'm seeing my pics in the preview, but not in the post. Will keep everything online for a bit. 

Edited by bailadiva - Jul 30 2014 at 3:54pm
TexturizedDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 30 2014 at 4:09pm
Glad you like the hair, it looks nice!  Smile

Disclaimer - This was an M2M sale, the vendor is Perfect Queen Hair (http://www.perfectqueenhair.com , don't think they have an AliExpress store)  - everyone is free to order directly from them! They are very inexpensive, but they can be tricky - be careful and demand payment by PayPal.
bailadiva View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 30 2014 at 4:27pm
PICS UP! FINALLY!
callmeDEva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 30 2014 at 5:15pm
Ooooooo thanks for such a detailed post OP. Looks lovely and very interesting.

Thanks for sharing the vendor TD

Got my eyebrows raised now . Off to research.

Do you have the hair bonded at your part? Or is your natural hair laying over the bonded part? Like a regular leave out? Do you have your edges left out as well?

Also, when detangling the hair, does the tension weaken the bond? I would try this with KC but would be afraid of detangling with a brush.

TIA!

joileprincess View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 30 2014 at 5:23pm
Nice. I am very interested in this method. Is the bond vulnerable to breakdown with oily hair products?
bailadiva View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 30 2014 at 5:48pm
Originally posted by TexturizedDiva TexturizedDiva wrote:

Glad you like the hair, it looks nice!  Smile

Disclaimer - This was an M2M sale, the vendor is Perfect Queen Hair (http://www.perfectqueenhair.com , don't think they have an AliExpress store)  - everyone is free to order directly from them! They are very inexpensive, but they can be tricky - be careful and demand payment by PayPal.

Thank you! And I really appreciate you sharing the information for future purchases. I hope I can get this hair in the future with little difficulty. 
bailadiva View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 30 2014 at 6:05pm
Here is a pic of the full install from the back. 
(Sorry for the poor Photoshop on the floor- bottom left, it was my cute baby niece who's mom doesnt want on the 'net)

bailadiva View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 30 2014 at 6:16pm
Originally posted by callmeDEva callmeDEva wrote:

Do you have the hair bonded at your part? Or is your natural hair laying over the bonded part? Like a regular leave out? Do you have your edges left out as well?

Also, when detangling the hair, does the tension weaken the bond? I would try this with KC but would be afraid of detangling with a brush.

You're welcome! 
No, I do not have hair bonded directly on my part and yes there is some of my natural hair laying over the bonds. However, the bonds lie very, very close. It's hard to detect them because they thin. Thin enough for someone's eye to think they are regular strands of my hair. 

As far and detangling and brushing, I use a looper brush and it works like a charm. When I comb or brush my hair, those little bonds hold tight! They warn you not the comb or brush your hair when soaking wet, but I have had pretty good success combing and brushing from the ends up. Plus I comb out my hair and condition it prior to wetting or washing it. 

Here is the manemaxx website: www.manemaxx.com

Here are some other places I did research just to name a few. I really read up on this product:
http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemID=117696/ManeMaxx__DYI_Hair_Extension_System_with_Tembond_/Unlisted_Brand/Hair

bailadiva View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 30 2014 at 6:20pm
Originally posted by joileprincess joileprincess wrote:

Nice. I am very interested in this method. Is the bond vulnerable to breakdown with oily hair products?

I use light oil moisture on my hair, but I do not over do it. Your hair has to be clean to install the bonds or they say they will not attach. I typically wash my hair, use a detangling conditioner, comb, rinse, dry overnight while wrapped up so it will lay flat. After installing, that is when I add my moisturizers and oils. But I don't go crazy with it on my scalp. I also use a pointed tip bottle to apply. I do however use it on my ends with relish. Tongue

Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic