Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Lace Fronts (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Pics of Whatwig unit

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
Bre. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bre. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 31 2013 at 7:41am
Are the measurements off?  

Have you washed the unit? 

Have you tried Ghostbond or Davlyn?  Don't glue the baby hairs down and try to modify the hair line. If you keep gluing the baby hair down you may need to trim them or leave a little bit of lace at the front so you can grasp it and make sure you're gluing the lace instead of the hair.  But, when doing so, make sure the lace blends.  

The hair looks like it should be styled and maybe some nice layers to frame your face.   
Sponsored Links

yukiyuki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yukiyuki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 31 2013 at 9:17pm
The unit has not been washed or styled yet. Perhaps I should have done that before posting pictures. I have tried Davlyn it's seems to be easier, and I didn't glue the baby hair like before n the glue I used before was bad. Davlyn was easier to use. I do want to get it styled. I will wash it and see if the shine comes out more.

The cap was too small from the hairline to nap. It was an inch shorter than what I ordered. So I steamed the unit to stretch the cap. I have a small forehead and head over all so I always have to get custom units. I am not sure what else to do to this unit. I will just work a lot and maybe order a different one. I'm still learning, and maybe this doesn't suit me as much. But I love the texture.
chatnoir View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chatnoir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 31 2013 at 9:21pm
With practice, you'll get better at tweaking to unit to your liking, see it's already getting easier for you. Smile

As far as what else to do with the unit, do you have any beauty schools in your area?  They can shape it up for you for a minimal fee.
yukiyuki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yukiyuki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 31 2013 at 10:20pm
Yes there are some. I'm afraid to go. Just in case they mess up. I'll post updated pictures of the unit. It look much better now that I've done a bit more to it. I also changed the part to the middle and the unit lays flat to my head. 
Printer_Ink View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Printer_Ink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 31 2013 at 11:16pm
If you are going for a more natural look:
- Everyone likes long hair but long hair is not so suited for a long face. It makes the face look even longer so try having the hair professionally cut shorter (shoulder length) and layered for fullness. That way your face will appear .. wider.

- Also, you need some few baby hairs around the edges so that it merges in with the unit.

Lastly, I think you need to have your eyebrows shaped .. and filled in A BIT with dark brow eyebrow pencil. Don't draw them on though. Use short strokes to fill them in buu only after they have been professionally shaped. As it is - your brows are very thin/light which does not match the color/density/thickness of the unit.

Just suggestions ...
yukiyuki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yukiyuki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 01 2013 at 1:30am

I normally get a 14 or 16 inch unit, and because I am tall they fall a bit below my shoulders. This is the longest unit I have ordered. The reason I got a much longer unit, is because there are so many Japanese hairstyles and its best to have longer hair. 

I am also learning about filling in my eyebrows, its a work in progress.

YaYaStar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YaYaStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 16 2013 at 9:31am
Chatnoir after rinsing the baking soda paste do you then use alcohol or skin protector before applying your adhesive?
brieSFCA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brieSFCA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 14 2013 at 6:04pm
@yukiyuki

The hair looks sooo pretty on you, I likey, keep up the good work.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic