Topic ClosedPics of 4b hair

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9101112>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
ZenYes View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2008 at 12:48am
I don't get this. Are you actually going to stay here & let someone ELSE tell you what kind of texture is growing from your scalp?! I know the way my hair feels when it reacts to water. I know the level of shrinkage I get when it washed & I have done nothing to the hair. I know it's 4b, there's nothing wrong with 4b textures.

I'm mostly african, one mom's side - my grandma's dominican & grandpa's nigerian. While on my dad's side, both my grandparents are nigerian. So I have 4b hair. And it's not that rare. It's not only found in Africa. It's found on lots of scalp in North America too!
Sponsored Links

MzThang16 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2008 at 2:21am
OOOOO...this thread is so interesting. I really wish I didn't have a perm so I could show you what my natural hair looks like, some strands even switch direction halfway through. (I'm posting after 9 pgs of info, so bear with me) First of all, I think having a better understanding of your hair texture/type is VERY beneficial, because then you can learn how best to take care of it and what it can withstand. Also, the fact is, most people really don't know what type they have, as they typically base it on their personal experience, not comparison.

Although it may not be as common as 4a, as a "kitchen" hairdresser, I have seen basically every type in a very wide range of each, and can say they do exist in larger numbers than most believe. As far as the examples of indigenous African individuals, I would say that they may be a tighter coiled subtype of 4b, and maybe even a new category, 4c, but it may also be that their haircare is different. It was said that their hair coils so tight, their scalp was visible. To that I say, if you don't comb your hair, you get biscuits in your kitchen!Big%20smile Also, if their hair was able to grow out, it would be too volumonous to see the scalp. 4b hair is very delicate, and if not cared for, can break very easily and can also get dry easily. It takes a lot of effort and patience for my hair to grow, because my 4b new growth is always in danger of breaking off.

huneycombs22- i can sooo identify with your hair experience. Growing up, my hair care cycle was ridiculous and repetitive. We would pick my hair out to wash it, wash, condition and detangle, rinse and detangle, blow dry...and detangle, braid or bantu...while detangling. My scalp was eternally sore, my edges rolled up into little balls instantly, so I carried a brush with me. No moisture penetrated it, so I just had layers of Blue Magic on it to simulate shine. I would have stayed natural longer, but I couldn't get a decent fro. After a wash, my hair would look about an inch long, then when we hot combed it, it fell past my shoulders. When I started to do my hair myself at 11, it was just too much, so I got a perm (bad idea, but I had good intentions). Since I got relaxed, my hair has steadily taken on a new texture, but I definitely have 4b hair. I could prob go natural now that I'm older and wiser.
Hypehair View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2009 at 7:39pm
yeah it looks like 4b to me too.
Hypehair View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2009 at 7:41pm
i meant 4a
MizzBrit View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 20 2009 at 7:54pm
most people are saying my hair is 4b

paulavetta View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 24 2009 at 9:50pm
MizzBrit your hair is beautiful!
It looks so soft and healthy.
MizzBrit View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 24 2009 at 11:06pm
btw, i didn't ready any of this threadLOL
started to get too confusing.
niki_p View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 24 2009 at 11:39pm
you know, with the most recent natural hair hating thread going on down in TTT, i have to think that i have seen real life examples of the KhoiSan rolled hair in Ja. i mean extra short, it doesn't stretch much(if it can) and it is extra brittle. there is one little girl i know that her hair falls under that definition, i won't even call it a cnapp, much less 4b or 4z. it's truly rare as opposed to a 4b.

one of my friends has a niece with that same hair type, but when she and her sis has her niece over they wash and moisturize her hair, and use tea tree oil to prevent the tears.
nessiekins View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 27 2009 at 11:38am
im not natural but i think im 4b you can see my new growth i was about 13 weeks post here

photo
photo
MizzBrit View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 27 2009 at 11:15pm
nessie, you really cant tell, especially being only 13 weeks 
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs