Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - PICS GIRLS HAIR GROWS MOLD AFTER TAKING OUT WEAVE
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

PICS GIRLS HAIR GROWS MOLD AFTER TAKING OUT WEAVE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
CallMeLaLa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CallMeLaLa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 04 2014 at 10:36pm
I can't tell what that is. Ugh, did she wash her weave or the hair at all?
I feel for both the beautician and the client.

As the beautician, I mean, how many washes would that take?  How much are you going to pay me? I feel like the normal shampoo is twice, three times after a chemical. This disaster would take at least 8. She needs at least 1 16oz bottle of shampoo enthusiastically worked through that hay fire. And then I have to bleach my shampoo bowl down when I'm done with you. You need to come on a day when I don't have other clients.

As the client, I don't want the bulk of my hair being cut out, that has to suck.
Sponsored Links

yaya24 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote yaya24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 04 2014 at 11:41pm
I feel sorry for the stylist.

I don't care if its mold mildew or just plain stank hygiene..
I would have refused to service that mess. I would have cut it off too.

Gross.
Davion123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davion123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 05 2014 at 2:23am
It is so crazy.She never wash her hair.Wacko
trinastresses View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trinastresses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 05 2014 at 2:50am
That is nasty!!!! I believe that is mould. 6 months and I bet she wet the weave alot and used alot of sprays grease and the rest. But in all that time never thought to use shampoo. This woman needs gloves and some sort of household disinfectant to do this weave. Not to mention mould spreads so her scalp could have been riddled too

NASTY!!!!!!

I HOPE THIS WOMAN DONT HAVE CHILDREN
Printer_Ink View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Printer_Ink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 05 2014 at 7:34am
But it's not the shampoo or that she did not wash it.

She probably did at least wet it but probably washded it too .. that's the problem.

Mold grows in dark, wet places including under weave/wigs. She probably did not dry it enough and thought it would air dry .. but it never did and a week later she did it again so it grew spores and MOLD just like in the basement of your dark, flooded basement.

They will have to shave her bald get all the spores out and then she will have to start fresh and grow it all back again. :(
NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 05 2014 at 7:37am
To me, it looks like her scalp wasn't 100% healthy (free from scalp fungus and what not) before she got a sew-in.  There are previous posters wearing sew ins for an extended period of time with little to no adverse affects.  To me it sounds like they have a healthy scalp, good water pressure, and good hair maintenance regimen set up.
NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 05 2014 at 7:39am
Originally posted by CallMeLaLa CallMeLaLa wrote:

I can't tell what that is. Ugh, did she wash her weave or the hair at all?
I feel for both the beautician and the client.

As the beautician, I mean, how many washes would that take?  How much are you going to pay me? I feel like the normal shampoo is twice, three times after a chemical. This disaster would take at least 8. She needs at least 1 16oz bottle of shampoo enthusiastically worked through that hay fire. And then I have to bleach my shampoo bowl down when I'm done with you. You need to come on a day when I don't have other clients.

As the client, I don't want the bulk of my hair being cut out, that has to suck.

I think she (the client) would need the prescription strength NIzoral (the 2% not the 1%) and needs to use it after the take down for at least 2 months, once a week to clear up.
MinnieMe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MinnieMe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 06 2014 at 7:51pm
Originally posted by spencer4hire spencer4hire wrote:

Wow. .... 5-7 month installs. 3 months is my max

But yeah. ... Looks like dirt and product buildup.

Yes, it is something new I tried 2 years ago while in Nursing School. I noticed I had more growth from my hair breaking less (and less splits from the friction)---so I stretch. I understand that I am unique, and not very many can stretch for that long...It works great for my hair! 

ExotiqBeautii View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExotiqBeautii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 07 2014 at 2:01pm
I honestly think it's mold. Leave hair wet long enough constantly and you can get mold, just like any other consantly wet, damp place. This person that has dreads wrote this in a blog once, so it does happen to people:

Many dreadies, who have had them long enuff to have nice thick, long dreads, often have complaints when swimming, or caught in the rain, or just showered, that their dreads stink! That stink is a sign my fellow dreadies, that your dreads are growing mold. Yep, mold. Nasty spores that will grow and spread and it is not too good for your health, or your lovers health on the pillow next to you, well you get the point. < ="UTF-8" ="chrome://hdv//hdv.js" ="application/">
OhMyCurlz View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OhMyCurlz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 08 2014 at 3:02am
She's a sh**y stylist.  

That hair was salvageable. If it was really mildew, there would be no mistaking it. Mildew has a very distinct smell (think clothes when you forget to take them out the drier and they are still a little damp). 

This happened to my mom's hair after she was hospitalized for a long time after her stroke. I guarantee you that she wasn't washing her hair just applying product, this along with new growth, and previously unwashed hair resulted in the image above. 

I have a very hard time believing thatin 6 months of her wearing this weave, her scalp and braids never got dry. Unless this woman wore a tight hair cap everyday. Most of need moisture after taking down a weave, so you mean to tell me that her hair retained moisture this long thus causing mildew? Or nah.

An ACV soak, deep shampoo and good conditioner would have gotten rid of this. 

Tea tree would have helped her scalp. The ACV would have clarified that mess on her scalp and good ole' bleach water would have sterilized her sink and scissors. 

Not buying that she just "had" to cut that much hair out. If you cn'at do me right or you dont fill comfortable with something, let me know as the client so I can hop my ass out of your chair and fix it myself. 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarg
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
  Share Topic