Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - PICS GIRL'S HAIR GROWS MOLD AFTER TAKING OUT WEAVE
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

PICS GIRL'S HAIR GROWS MOLD AFTER TAKING OUT WEAVE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ExotiqBeautii View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ExotiqBeautii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PICS GIRL'S HAIR GROWS MOLD AFTER TAKING OUT WEAVE
    Posted: Feb 27 2014 at 12:09pm
This is just plain old nasty and trifling! Who would leave their weave in for this long?! Read this:

A Woman’s Weave Grows Mold After 6 Months 

Weave mold

Hairstylist Robin (@prettyma216) recently shared a photo of a sew-in weave that grew mold after being installed for six months. According to the caption, the stylist suggests not to rock a weave longer than 60 days.

“Ladies! DO NOT wear your weave for longer than 2 months and when you shampoo it, make sure it gets COMPLETELY DRY or this could be you!”

Her final result? The unidentified woman has to get all her hair cut off! Let this pic be a reminder to take care of your weave and hair properly at all times.

< ="UTF-8" ="chrome://hdv//hdv.js" ="application/">
Sponsored Links

LaurenNicole View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote LaurenNicole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 27 2014 at 12:43pm
I saw that. That's why I sit up under the dryer all day just to be sure lol
sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (27) Thanks(27)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 27 2014 at 12:47pm
That's not mold. Its just dirt and dried grease.
Brjasuga51 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Brjasuga51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 27 2014 at 12:54pm
lawddddddddddddddddddddDead
shellbee823 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote shellbee823 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 27 2014 at 12:57pm
It looked horribly disgusting but not unsalvageable. It seems like most of that gunk could have came out with out having to be cut off.
Cream1970 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (15) Thanks(15)   Quote Cream1970 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 27 2014 at 1:11pm
I've left an install in 5-6 months and I had absolutely zero issues.

Will likely  do it again. *shrugs*

I don't squirt shampoo/conditioner/oils, etc into my braided base. I used to when I 1st started wearing weaves and my base got so icky.

IMO, THAT's what causes all that gross stuff to cake up.

My quickest and easiest take down was the 5 month one.
Cream1970 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (13) Thanks(13)   Quote Cream1970 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 27 2014 at 1:12pm
And of course the stylist is going to suggest getting a new install every 60 days.
ch-ching! $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
iBetYouhNvNika View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iBetYouhNvNika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 27 2014 at 1:17pm

Yuck. What the heck was she using in her hair ????
katakana89 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote katakana89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 27 2014 at 1:19pm
Yuck....it just looks like one big matt of horribly built up dirt, shed hairs, and dead skin cells. It looks like it may have been salvageable, but not an easy task. 

I wonder if the stylist truly thought it was mold based on the horrible smell, or just didn't want to deal with trying to save the hair. Wouldn't mold be on the scalp too? Maybe mold was beneath the gunk somewhere.

I can't wear anything longer than 6 weeks...no idea how she managed to get away with half a year.

Edited by katakana89 - Feb 27 2014 at 6:57pm
mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 27 2014 at 1:22pm
She left it in and didn't cleanse it for 6 months.....3 months is my limit because any more than that and it will cause matting. I also rinse with ACV to neutralize and cleanse the scalp......and i always air dry....
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Make Them Stare Hair
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic