BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Pic Heavy: 1st Loose Wash and Light Flatiron

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Tanzi2001 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tanzi2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 14 2012 at 5:49pm
Beautiful hair Swift. I swear you're one of my hairspirations!
Sponsored Links

naynay455 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote naynay455 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 14 2012 at 7:12pm
loving the hair as always.....
yaya24 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote yaya24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 14 2012 at 11:29pm
OMG
Shocked

Beautiful hair Swift!!!!!!
Clap

Tbaby View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 14 2012 at 11:30pm
Originally posted by Heavy Rotation Heavy Rotation wrote:

great hair, swift!

what do you band with?  and do you find it more effective to stretch your hair through banding than by braiding? 

I wanna know your thoughts on this also.

Great hair and so long!!!  Bravo!

You and I have the exact same camera, lol

I've started washing "celie" style for about 6-8 months and IA the amount and hair loss is minimal and hardly any tangling.  I'm not ever going to wash "loose" again--unless I cut back to a TWA.

What's up with the salt?

Edited by Tbaby - Oct 14 2012 at 11:32pm
CrazyBeautiful5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CrazyBeautiful5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 15 2012 at 12:01am
Anyone know what her hair type is? Im still trying to figure mines out. 
tasty0619 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tasty0619 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 15 2012 at 12:32am
Your hair is beautiful!! Your faux-blowout came out great!
kandi*tess View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kandi*tess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 15 2012 at 4:53am
Beautiful
lexis83 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lexis83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 15 2012 at 9:07am
Swoons!!!
Miss SDY View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Miss SDY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 15 2012 at 10:14am
Beautiful as usual!! It's grown so much!!
Swift View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Swift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 15 2012 at 5:23pm
OMG, ladies, I appreciate your luv soo much!!

Sleek-
Girl, I'm not tripping.  I told you I'm a laid back kinda girl :)

Now let's see if I can remember the questions...

SALT-
It makes my hair soooo soft!

I tried it after one of my henna tx's left me with hard hair.  None of my moisturizing DC's were working.  I even went to the store at midnight on an emergency run for 3 different moisturizing DCs..they all failed!  Somebody bumped up a couple of salt threads and I figured I had nothing to lose.  It has been a staple ever since (almost 3 years).

The key is to use just a small amount.  I don't use any more than 1.5 tsp in my DC mix.

I've used both sea salt and iodized salt with the same results.  I just use sea salt cause I bought so much.

BANDING-

I use cut up nylon/stocking legs to band.  I prefer leggs silk somethingoranother b/c they're really soft.    Banding definitely stretches my hair more than braids or twists.  Both braids and twists shrink in my hair.  The bands provide constant tension and keep the hair from shrinking back up as it dries.  I moisturize and seal before banding. My hair turns out really soft once I take them down.

When I initially band (after washing) I do about 6-8 bands.  When I'm doing nightly upkeep (on dry hair), I spritz with moisturizing spray, seal and then band in 2-3 sections.  I hope this all makes sense! :)

HAIR TYPE-
If you frequent here, you know I don't participate in the typing.  Once I started focusing on hair texture, I was able to learn so much more about my hair from ladies with different curl patterns (hair types).  My hair texture (which focuses more on the characteristics of the hair strands) is fine and cottony with normal porosity (not high or low).

Whew! I hope that covered it all :)
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>