Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Phyllis Hyman Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
pattigurlatl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pattigurlatl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 26 2013 at 5:51pm
Originally posted by PurpleHaze PurpleHaze wrote:

This is my song!< id="adlesse_unifier_magic_element_id" style="display:none;">

I read a few biographies and it's my opinion she was a victim of what record companies and society deems what a beauty image is...maybe how she was raised, she was unable to fight it like Mary J and Lauryn Hill who were clearly not the standard, were able to.

Either way, she was fierce and one of my idols.
Sponsored Links

honeyb87 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeyb87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 26 2013 at 7:27pm

live performance of one of my all time fav songs

This gave me chills
Nadiesca View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nadiesca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 26 2013 at 7:38pm
i remember reading about her a few years ao,am kinda young do i did not grew up to her songs but she was gorgoeous and talented!!!
SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 26 2013 at 7:46pm
Originally posted by pattigurlatl pattigurlatl wrote:

This is my song!< id="adlesse_unifier_magic_element_id" style="display:none;">

I read a few biographies and it's my opinion she was a victim of what record companies and society deems what a beauty image is...maybe how she was raised, she was unable to fight it like Mary J and Lauryn Hill who were clearly not the standard, were able to.

Either way, she was fierce and one of my idols.

I think Mary J still has issues
**Sk!TtLeS B** View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote **Sk!TtLeS B** Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 26 2013 at 7:49pm
I really like her lips in a non-sexual way. They just look so soft and pillowy. 
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 26 2013 at 7:55pm
speaking of Mary J, I read something about Phyllis' manager saying how upset she was when she wasn't picked for  the Waiting to Exhale soundtrack. She said it hurt her and she couldn't believe that Mary J  was chosen over her.
Quiann00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quiann00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 26 2013 at 8:45pm

She could love in a very deep, deep way. She had the capacity to love so deeply that she would become empathic --- meaning, that she was so sensitive that she could actually *feel* the feelings and the pain of others.

For example, when the Oklahoma bombings occurred, the death of the children, in particular, so disturbed her that she was out of commission for a week!

Dead

Both of these characteristics I suffer from as well. I felt the same way about the Sandy Hook shooting. My family tried to call me to warn me not to turn on the television before I even heard about the shooting.

The Oklahoma City bombing happened on my 13th birthdayCry

Edited by Quiann00 - Jan 26 2013 at 8:46pm
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 26 2013 at 9:58pm
She said that? I ain't mad her Geek

speaking of Mary J, I read something about Phyllis' manager saying how upset she was when she wasn't picked for  the Waiting to Exhale soundtrack. She said it hurt her and she couldn't believe that Mary J  was chosen over her.
Sleek View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sleek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2013 at 9:10am
Originally posted by Quiann00 Quiann00 wrote:

She could love in a very deep, deep way. She had the capacity to love so deeply that she would become empathic --- meaning, that she was so sensitive that she could actually *feel* the feelings and the pain of others.

For example, when the Oklahoma bombings occurred, the death of the children, in particular, so disturbed her that she was out of commission for a week!

Dead

Both of these characteristics I suffer from as well. I felt the same way about the Sandy Hook shooting. My family tried to call me to warn me not to turn on the television before I even heard about the shooting.

The Oklahoma City bombing happened on my 13th birthdayCry

You are an empath I am one as well sometimes the feelings can be joyful but most of the time they are extreme sometimes when I get negative feelings my whole body and head aches I've been learning how to shield myself which has been helping.
Sleek View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sleek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2013 at 9:17am
If it weren't for my bro I wouldn't have known about this great lady he lived and breathe Phyllis and was heartbroken when she left this earth after reading the article she left me feeling a big wow factor I want to read her story but can't seem to find book online I see some sites start her book at $100. she was a smart, sensual and soulfoul woman I understand the loving hard part about her and wanting to help everyone and when they didn't reciprocate how down it made her feel.....a great woman gone tooo soon, just a natural beauty.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678>
  Share Topic