BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Pharrell Williams Responds To G I R L Backlash

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2324252627>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 2.50  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 04 2014 at 8:54am
Okay.  I just have a feeling he forgot all about it 3 minutes after hitting submit because he wasn't very committed to his own epiphanyDead.
Sponsored Links

Random Thoughts View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (12) Thanks(12)   Quote Random Thoughts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 04 2014 at 8:58am
White people mocking/dismissing the 'black girls rock' movement pissed me off. I wrote essays and got into all kinds of debates about why it's needed, how black women are aggressively told from birth that they aren't as valuable as other women. Gets me mad.

I never clicked on this thread even though I kept seeing it on the front page cuz I don't really care about Pharrell. Finally clicked it this morning, saw the image and almost clicked right out. But I went ahead and read through a good majority of the thread.

Bit of self-realization came out. I'm provoked to anger when white people diss or diminish black women but I might not blink an eye if a black man does so.

Must reconcile this.

Edited by Random Thoughts - Mar 04 2014 at 9:00am
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 04 2014 at 9:08am
Wow RT

that's awesome that you realize that
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 04 2014 at 9:21am
Thing is he would still sell the same regardless
f8dagrate View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote f8dagrate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 25 2014 at 4:02pm
Man I had to burn all my capes for this dude. Wow you are so ignorant as hell.

It's insecurity. If you love who you are—and I'm not saying that there's not a plight out there for people who have different skin colors, because Mexicans go through just as much discrimination, if not more discrimination, than black people do in this country. Right? ... The girl that was closest next to me is black, but they didn't know that, so they jumped the gun. And it wasn't all black women. There were a lot of black women that were really angry at some of those girls, but some of those girls are the ones that instantly get mad when they don't see somebody that's dark. And it's like: "Yo, you don't need nobody to represent you. You represent you. You represent the best version of who you could be. You go out there and change the world." Because I'm black, and I wouldn't trade my skin color for nothing. But I don't need to keep wearing a badge that tells you that I'm black every time I do something! I'm black! In fact, the media will tell you I'm the first black person that's had a number-one record in America in a year since Rihanna's "Diamonds" in 2012—the first black person! ... So why do I need to roll around with a scarlet letter on my forehead that says "Black"? My mother's black, who's a big part of my business; a black woman runs my business; and I'm married to a black woman. What more do you want? And why are we talking about this? And if we're going to talk about degrees of black—what is it in this country? I still believe that if you are at least 1/32nd of black blood in your body, even if you look like you, you are deemed black. Right?

Also, the black woman in the G I R L album cover is one of Skateboard P’s ex-girlfriendsfrom ten years ago. Back in the interview chat, the GQ writer agrees with Pharrell, as any good journalist would, to get him to keep talking and swirl farther into his tangent. Pharrell doesn't disappoint.

Lenny Kravitz is biracial, but to me and everybody else I know, he's known as one of the biggest black rock stars of all time. Our president: He's biracial! Mom was white, daddy was black, and he is black. So what do you want me to do, go picket in front of the White House that he's not black enough? So to me, that's a divisive conversation that just comes at the wrong time, because the first black guy to have a number-one record in over seventy countries—number two in this country, to Rick Ross: I'm happy! That's my man. No one deserves it more than him. But at the end of the day, the rest of the world: It was mine. I'm a black man. I'm happy to be black, and anybody that is not happy to be black will point around and ask for that kind of sympathy. But the thing is, let's not ask nobody for no more sympathy. Let's get together ourselves and support ourselves.

It doesn't make sense to me. That kind of divisiveness is not necessary at a time when we're supposed to be unifying. That's what happiness is all about, and if you look at my "Happy" video, I had everybody in there: fat, skinny, gay, straight, purple, polka-dot, plaid, gingham print, houndstooth, alien. I *&%^$#@Ein' had dogs in there! I had children in there! I had kids in there! I'm the most indiscriminate person that there is! I believe in equality.

So which is it? Is President Obama black or not? Since you're so mad: Is he black or not? Come on, man! We ain't got time for that. We are black people. This is the new black. Oprah Winfrey: That's the new black. She's a black billionaire. President Obama: He is a black American president. Regardless of what you think about him, this is his second term. That's the new black. LeBron James: the first black man ever shot on a Vogue cover, a black man. Me: a guy that's written a song at 40! Nominated for an Oscar, four Grammy awards—at 40! That's the new black! And by the way: a song that has transcended my lyrics, my own intention, and has become a movement and helped cancer patients. That's the new black! Black ain't a color: Black is a spirit, and it is ubiquitous. In fact, there's more black out in space than there is stars. We have nothing to be insecure about.

tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 25 2014 at 4:18pm
yeah, yeah, yeah but 1/32nd thoErmm

thats 5 generationsLOL
HaitianDiva64 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HaitianDiva64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 25 2014 at 5:52pm
Hit dogs holler
juniper angel View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote juniper angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 25 2014 at 6:27pm
Oooo he stupid as heeel.
mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 25 2014 at 6:29pm
Originally posted by mizzsandra00 mizzsandra00 wrote:

Pharrell and these quadroons need to sail that dumb ass hat off a cliff.....and Happy suxxxxxxxx....

Still stands
K_Camille View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote K_Camille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 25 2014 at 6:36pm
He appealing to the yts that fund his lifestyle.  For some reason, I'm not mad..He can have that.  I ain't buying his sh*t.  He shoulda just cashed his checks and dismissed or acknowledged he just trying to get paid. LOL
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2324252627>