BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Pharrell Williams Responds To G I R L Backlash

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2122232425 27>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 2.50  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 03 2014 at 2:07am
He won't now that he was nominated for an Oscar for that awful Happy song. 
Sponsored Links

indiecat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote indiecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 03 2014 at 8:36am
I don't think he did his cover like that on purpose, but instead of addressing real issues, he chose to deny them like a lot of black men do. there was a huge opportunity to bring up interesting things in black culture regarding race, but he didn't.
ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 03 2014 at 8:37am
i thought i was the only one who hated that dreadful azz happy song...
ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 03 2014 at 8:42am
Originally posted by indiecat indiecat wrote:

I don't think he did his cover like that on purpose, 

lmaoooooo
shaq gif!
SeducTress View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote SeducTress Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 03 2014 at 10:56am
With millions of dollars and resources being funneled into a project you'd be hard pressed to find anything organic or left to happenstance.

So much goes into production. 
Dem bishes were discussed from the top down before they graced that cover.

Pharrells lunch was discussed before he got hungry. 

Edited by SeducTress - Mar 03 2014 at 10:56am
Lilaca View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Lilaca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 03 2014 at 11:01am
Originally posted by NJHairLuv NJHairLuv wrote:

lenny kravitz only has himself and white women on his album covers. do you people that bash pharell give lenny a 'pass' because he is jewish/black?
I don't care about what half baked cookies do , it is good they support their none black side....but black men with black mothers potentially saying other types of women are better looking are pathetic
SoutherNtellect View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SoutherNtellect Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 03 2014 at 11:06am
Originally posted by indiecat indiecat wrote:

I don't think he did his cover like that on purpose, but instead of addressing real issues, he chose to deny them like a lot of black men do. there was a huge opportunity to bring up interesting things in black culture regarding race, but he didn't.

Cuz that's not his job
And doing so could have hurt his money ie made the white people mad
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 03 2014 at 11:30am
Which Lenny covers have the white women on them?.. .. So I can toss those.
Wildfire View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 03 2014 at 11:42am
My dad is a dark-skinned man. I understand that, I know what that is all day long. Have I lived it specifically? Yeah, I’m a black man.

i dont think he meant any ill

Edited by Wildfire - Mar 03 2014 at 11:44am
Wildfire View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 03 2014 at 11:46am
Originally posted by OoDles O OoDles O wrote:

Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

*Waits for Oodles to defend his creativity*

Blackness disappearred in the water... that is hilarious

Geezus Alias.
Before you try to slander my user name amongst the BHM constituents while I shop for home decor...
[ long unneccessary rant] keep in mind our main dialogue was about Pharrells wife "whether she considers herself Black" (as you put it) and her racial "ambiguity".

Meet me in another thread for my big write up on creativity in the future that I'm sure you won't agree with ...

Lastly...I never disagreed with or agreed with the actions of Pharrell... (if you actually read my post)
but lets be honest, I'm pretty sure if he was married to a white or Asian woman he would lose a whole hell of a lot of points just on that alone...

but you know what your right.... that was a f*ck-up on Pharrells part .. Does he deserve to be vanquished to a state of purgatory and forever be branded as ANOTHER sh*tty black male ...and another example for you to use to speak about black males with a broad brush?... I dunno.. "whats his track record?" was my only question.

So yes...there needs to be a more notable and better positive, representation of Dark Skin women in main stream American media... among other avenues ... Lupita, Ol girl fighting Vampires, Gabby, Tika, Kandi, Janelle Monae , Joy Reid ect are solid reps to help continue to build self esteem in young black girls. Young dark skin black girls. The momentum is trending... abet slowly ... but trending ... imo

I personally think some issues are Wedge issues thats why I try to approach with an open hand ... Notice how my first response was a question and not an attack.

So where we have disagreements because I don't lean hard enough does not mean I'm not leaning in the same direction at all ... I'm just trying to keep my balance. [/ long unnecessary rant complete]
Thumbs Up
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style