Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Pharrell Williams Responds To G I R L Backlash

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324 27>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 2.50  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
blaquefoxx View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote blaquefoxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2014 at 8:28pm
Lenny K is a dark skinned crakkka as far as I'm concerned lol
Sponsored Links

melikey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote melikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2014 at 9:02pm
Originally posted by NJHairLuv NJHairLuv wrote:

lenny kravitz only has himself and white women on his album covers. do you people that bash pharell give lenny a 'pass' because he is jewish/black?

what if lenny told us that all those women were blackLOL?
NJHairLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJHairLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2014 at 9:07pm
Originally posted by melikey melikey wrote:

Originally posted by NJHairLuv NJHairLuv wrote:

lenny kravitz only has himself and white women on his album covers. do you people that bash pharell give lenny a 'pass' because he is jewish/black?

what if lenny told us that all those women were blackLOL?

LOLLOLLOL
joileprincess View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote joileprincess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2014 at 10:54pm
Maybe she's part Irish-Cherokee-Italian-Scottish-Scandinavian-Dominican and lastly African. I thought that mixture was common.
OoDles O View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote OoDles O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 03 2014 at 12:49am
Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

*Waits for Oodles to defend his creativity*

Blackness disappearred in the water... that is hilarious

Geezus Alias.
Before you try to slander my user name amongst the BHM constituents while I shop for home decor...
[ long unneccessary rant] keep in mind our main dialogue was about Pharrells wife "whether she considers herself Black" (as you put it) and her racial "ambiguity".

Meet me in another thread for my big write up on creativity in the future that I'm sure you won't agree with ...

Lastly...I never disagreed with or agreed with the actions of Pharrell... (if you actually read my post)
but lets be honest, I'm pretty sure if he was married to a white or Asian woman he would lose a whole hell of a lot of points just on that alone...

but you know what your right.... that was a f*ck-up on Pharrells part .. Does he deserve to be vanquished to a state of purgatory and forever be branded as ANOTHER sh*tty black male ...and another example for you to use to speak about black males with a broad brush?... I dunno.. "whats his track record?" was my only question.

So yes...there needs to be a more notable and better positive, representation of Dark Skin women in main stream American media... among other avenues ... Lupita, Ol girl fighting Vampires, Gabby, Tika, Kandi, Janelle Monae , Joy Reid ect are solid reps to help continue to build self esteem in young black girls. Young dark skin black girls. The momentum is trending... abet slowly ... but trending ... imo

I personally think some issues are Wedge issues thats why I try to approach with an open hand ... Notice how my first response was a question and not an attack.

So where we have disagreements because I don't lean hard enough does not mean I'm not leaning in the same direction at all ... I'm just trying to keep my balance. [/ long unnecessary rant complete]

Edited by OoDles O - Mar 03 2014 at 12:54am
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 03 2014 at 12:56am
You must've been holding that in LOL
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 03 2014 at 12:59am
sometimes i swear Alias_Avi is my best friend posting
like y'all say the.same.sh*t

Geek
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 03 2014 at 1:02am
Honestly, it just sounds like your afraid to take a strong stance agaisnt your colorstruck brethren *shrugs*

It's all good tho

Originally posted by OoDles O OoDles O wrote:

I personally think some issues are Wedge issues thats why I try to approach with an open hand ... Notice how my first response was a question and not an attack.

So where we have disagreements because I don't lean hard enough does not mean I'm not leaning in the same direction at all ... I'm just trying to keep my balance. [/ long unnecessary rant complete]

Tbh, this...but you know what your right.... that was a f*ck-up on Pharrells part .. Does he deserve to be vanquished to a state of purgatory and forever be branded as ANOTHER sh*tty black male ..
makes you sound sensitive. Just because I call Black men out on their wrong doings and color struck ways doesn't mean that they are to be damned to hell for eternity. Maybe that's what you men don't understand? That these men can be wrong and still change? There's hope for them yet?

If there wasn't, I wouldn't bother pointing out their ways

JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 03 2014 at 1:03am
Originally posted by OoDles O OoDles O wrote:

[QUOTE=Alias_Avi]*Waits for Oodles to defend his creativity*

...I never disagreed with or agreed with the actions of Pharrell... (if you actually read my post)

LOL. You flipped again. I kinda knew you would.

Edited by JoliePoufiasse - Mar 03 2014 at 1:04am
NJHairLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote NJHairLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 03 2014 at 2:03am
speaking of his creativity, N.E.R.D In Search Of is one the rare classic albums in the music industry. Hot from start to finish, radical, political and in your face, yet relate-able and pulls at the heart strings. I hope that Pharell gets back to the raw artistry and backs up off this mainstream, empty cartoonish music a bit (all of his solo & rap collabos.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style