Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Pharrell Williams Responds To G I R L Backlash

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 27>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 2.50  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
BeatriceBean View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote BeatriceBean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2014 at 3:48pm
Nas and Pharrell are the same age. What do you know...1973 was a good year for genes.
Sponsored Links

Marcelo22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Marcelo22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2014 at 3:51pm
Originally posted by BBpants BBpants wrote:

Originally posted by Marcelo22 Marcelo22 wrote:

Originally posted by newdiva1 newdiva1 wrote:

^ Her song was trash (like always) but I thought the male reactions to it was very interesting because they were always dismissive to our struggles but they were upset when the tables were turned.

They was hella mad fuccwhatchuheard. LOL

Yupppp LOL

who was upset bout that nicki minaj song? the only male person in there mad was Oodles i thk talkin bout blackhistory month 

Check out the remixes to her song
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2014 at 3:55pm
LOL @ Oodles.  you just reminded me of his black history point...didn't say nothin about Pharrell debuting album art during black history month that don't feature nan blackness. speak into the mic, Oodles.

Edited by ms_wonderland - Mar 01 2014 at 3:55pm
OoDles O View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote OoDles O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2014 at 4:00pm
Originally posted by Marcelo22 Marcelo22 wrote:

Originally posted by newdiva1 newdiva1 wrote:

^ Her song was trash (like always) but I thought the male reactions to it was very interesting because they were always dismissive to our struggles but they were upset when the tables were turned.

They was hella mad fuccwhatchuheard. LOL

Yupppp LOL

who was upset bout that nicki minaj song? the only male person in there mad was Oodles i thk talkin bout blackhistory month 

Haha.. I was furious..Angry
She was using Malcom X imagery to promote her Negatry.
Then she came with that half ass apology.. that BHM was ok with.
eta: actually I wasn't the only one disappointed 

Edited by OoDles O - Mar 01 2014 at 4:03pm
Marcelo22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Marcelo22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2014 at 4:04pm
Yeah using Malcolm X's image was over the top
SeducTress View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SeducTress Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2014 at 4:12pm
I got ma' good eye on you AfroGeekLOL

But nah, don't quote them idiots without a disclaimer. I thought that was your comment.

It's all goodBeer

Geek
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2014 at 4:14pm
Originally posted by SeducTress SeducTress wrote:

I got ma' good eye on you AfroGeekLOL
Geek
Majesty02 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Majesty02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2014 at 5:04pm
Pharelll is a double Coon xs5. I remember back when he made the "Trippin" video saying how he felt it was ethically correct to include a "dark skinned" beauty in his video. And this was clearly because he was trying to keep his "darker" fan base. He made this video shortly after his trip to Brazil where he and Snoop made the "Beautiful" video. While their I read in the Source magazine that he quoted "The black Brazilian women are more beautiful than the African American women, and their thick without the extra celluliate and dimples that African American women have."   

Edited by Majesty02 - Mar 01 2014 at 5:07pm
Marcelo22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Marcelo22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2014 at 5:06pm
Originally posted by Majesty02 Majesty02 wrote:

Pharelll is a double Coon xs5. I remember back when he made the "Trippin" video saying how he felt it was ethically correct to include a "dark skinned" beauty in his video. And this was clearly because he was trying to keep his "darker" fan base. He made this video shortly after his trip to Brazil where he and Snoop made the "Beautiful" video. While their I read in the Source magazine that he quoted "The black Brazilian women are more beautiful than the African American women, and their thick without the extra celluliate and dimples that African American women have."   

Link to this quote? 
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2014 at 5:18pm
Originally posted by Majesty02 Majesty02 wrote:

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised that he said this. Isn't this why all these old foggies are infatuated with Brazil now? Because they figure that they can run into a lot more 'exoticals' that they pay to cater to them and then pretend that hoes are more feminine than every day chicks?
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 27>
  Share Topic