BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Pharrell Williams Responds To G I R L Backlash

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 27>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 2.50  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 28 2014 at 9:12pm
Originally posted by f8dagrate f8dagrate wrote:

Man that was my issue with Belafonte and Paul Mooney. But I don't know I see some fine dudes who aren't black and well.................... sometimes I wanted to dip in the creamCry
Cornell West syndrome.LOLWinkLOL
Sponsored Links

juniper angel View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote juniper angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 28 2014 at 9:13pm
Those girls look white with a tan they dont even look light. And why is pharell everywhere lately.
keepgrowing View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (12) Thanks(12)   Quote keepgrowing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 28 2014 at 9:21pm
I love how colorblind black men are only colorblind when the situation doesn't affect black men. Let a major mainstream network show or movie have a black woman paired with a non-black man as the lead or some injustice is mainly targeting black men then they all of a suden regain their vision.
f8dagrate View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote f8dagrate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 28 2014 at 9:42pm
Originally posted by keepgrowing keepgrowing wrote:

I love how colorblind black men are only colorblind when the situation doesn't affect black men. Let a major mainstream network show or movie have a black woman paired with a non-black man as the lead or some injustice is mainly targeting black men then they all of a suden regain their vision.

True.... ScandalLOL
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 28 2014 at 9:44pm
So can someone tell me which one is black? I'm thinking it's probably the one with the red lipstick but then I look at the edges of the one in the back
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 28 2014 at 9:49pm
So no one is gonna answer my question? I can't tell!
Princess Grace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Princess Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 28 2014 at 9:52pm
I think the one he is standing closest too is supposedly the black one, shrugs shoulders. He should have just ignored the critics, the album cover was already done and now he is getting side eyes for his response. 

It seems its always one extreme or the other, really dark skinned wearing a afro or a twistout or so light you wonder if its a spray tan or not.

jayjaynonie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote jayjaynonie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 28 2014 at 9:53pm
Originally posted by juniper angel juniper angel wrote:

Those girls look white with a tan they dont even look light. And why is pharell everywhere lately.

Exactly they aren't fooling anyone. Those women don't even appear to be "light-skin" black. They are racially ambiguous. No one even knows for sure which one is supposed to have "part-black" ancestry". Is it the one with the edges or the one in middle that was mentioned??

If you have to look that hard and seriously question it. You know she wasn't put there to represent any "type" of black woman, weither it be caramel, dark skin, light skin,etc. She was put there to represent what she appears to be, a racially ambiguous woman.

Plus I agree with this

Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

When and where did I say this!?!??!

Black women need to stop feeling ashamed about calling Black men out on anti-Blackness. They are the biggest perpetrators of this mentality these days

and this

Originally posted by keepgrowing keepgrowing wrote:

Edited by jayjaynonie - Feb 28 2014 at 9:57pm
jayjaynonie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jayjaynonie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 28 2014 at 9:55pm
Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

So no one is gonna answer my question? I can't tell!

LMAO everyone is trying to figure out. I've seen this posted on two boards and a lot were saying the one in the back because of the edges. (that's what I thought) However, Someone said Pharrell was talking about the woman with the red lips.

But that's what I mean If you can't even tell which one is "part" black....

Edited by jayjaynonie - Feb 28 2014 at 9:56pm
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 28 2014 at 9:55pm
Originally posted by Princess Grace Princess Grace wrote:

I think the one he is standing closest too is supposedly the black one, shrugs shoulders. He should have just ignored the critics, the album cover was already done and now he is getting side eyes for his response. 

It seems its always one extreme or the other, really dark skinned wearing a afro or a twistout or so light you wonder if its a spray tan or not.

OK, so I guess it's the girl with the red lipstick...
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 27>