BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Pharrell Williams Responds To G I R L Backlash

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1920212223 27>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 2.50  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2014 at 2:11pm
I swear we need a colorism or Womanism 101 thread or section or something. People be conveniently forgetting.Geek
Sponsored Links

purple.chuckz View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote purple.chuckz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2014 at 2:36pm
Based on the girl on the cover, his wife, Va$htie he likes them exotic looking. Who else has Pharell dated? I bet Va$htie Kola is the darkest woman Pharell has dated.

I am surprised he didn't pull out  "Lanisha Cole was heavily featured in one of my videos. Some of my favorite video vixens have been dark-skinned" card. 
melikey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote melikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2014 at 2:49pm
Originally posted by purple.chuckz purple.chuckz wrote:

Based on the girl on the cover, his wife, Va$htie he likes them exotic looking. Who else has Pharell dated? I bet Va$htie Kola is the darkest woman Pharell has dated.

I am surprised he didn't pull out  "Lanisha Cole was heavily featured in one of my videos. Some of my favorite video vixens have been dark-skinned" card. 

he didn't have to, his colored brethren made that point for himLOL
melikey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote melikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2014 at 2:53pm
what's weird to me, is that black people all know other blacks (in this country) that look like his wife and the woman on his album covers. But the thing is, they are all very conspicuous, like they stand out as being so different from what black looks like they they are almost legends in the community. it's not something any black person i know would shrug off and say, yes, that's a typical black person IMO. 
in his statement he can't believe the audacity of being accused of colorism when he's surrounded by all these black women in his life. 
keepgrowing View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keepgrowing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2014 at 2:55pm
Originally posted by kfoxx1998 kfoxx1998 wrote:

Well I did think that girl in the back was black BUT Pharell for some reason I was completely turned off from watching that "Tanning of America" thing and what I hated most about the promo is Pharell saying "the world is changing, its tanning".  I'm not sure why I'm annoyed with him right now because I love his music and he is very talented.   And he can do better than one black girl who is ambiguous in the background.  No excuses

BTW, this fuller promo would have made me want to watch more then the short version that was in rotation:

The girl in the back isn't black it is the girl in the middle that Pharrell said is black.
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2014 at 3:05pm
Okay that's what he meant when he said closest to him.   It almost looks like they added him afterGeek
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2014 at 3:45pm
Actually, if you listen to his interview with the Breakfast club he states that he came up to Lupita and told her how "beautiful her skin was." This brotha literally pulled the 'my best friend is Black card :s

Originally posted by purple.chuckz purple.chuckz wrote:

<span ="Apple-style-span"></span>Based on the girl on the cover, his wife, Va$htie he likes them exotic looking. Who else has Pharell dated? I<span ="Apple-style-span"> bet Va$htie Kola is the darkest woman Pharell has dated.</span><div style=": rgb255, 255, 255; margin-left: 2px; margin-top: 2px; margin-right: 2px; margin-bottom: 2px; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; color: rgb0, 0, 0; font-weight: normal; font-size: 12px; line-height: 1.4; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; -: none; "><span ="Apple-style-span">

</span>
keepgrowing View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote keepgrowing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2014 at 4:17pm
pharrell is a waste of black genes.
ragincajin View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote ragincajin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2014 at 5:21pm
Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

Black men don't own their self-hate... because if they said what they truly believe out loud they would be forced to deal with how self-loathing it is

It's better to have the privilege of pretending that your love for something 'other' is not your hatred for something the 'same'

Oh my goodness Alias. My husband commented about this. (He teases me for coming on BHM, but I don't care!!!)

Anyway, he said that the black men that he knows who prefer white women are really twisted. He used 50Cent as an example.
Remember when 50 tried to kiss the white reporter? Can't recall her name. Anyway, she turned her head to avoid 50's kiss. My husband said some brothers at the gym were really going a little nuts about it and called the white girl a racist.

He said he noticed it was the brothers who were married to white women, or who only dated white women, who were making noise about what happened.

He said they were irrational and kept going on and on about white racism. He said they're really nuts because these same brothers wouldn't give a black woman the time of day.

The twist, according to my husband, is that they want whites to extend courtesies to black men, that they as black men won't extend to black women or other blacks. He thinks they're so full of self hate that they need the white woman to validate them even when the white woman has nothing to do with their real lives.
Weird. I never actually thought of this situation this way. Maybe it's a guy thing.
NJHairLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NJHairLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2014 at 8:22pm
lenny kravitz only has himself and white women on his album covers. do you people that bash pharell give lenny a 'pass' because he is jewish/black?
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1920212223 27>
  Share Topic