Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Peruvian Wavy/Curly Update

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
RedWhiteBlue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote RedWhiteBlue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Peruvian Wavy/Curly Update
    Posted: Aug 23 2013 at 3:46pm
Okay ladies I have installed my hair. I wasn't feeling the u-part wig bc my closure did not come yet. I decided to just do my official first self sew in Confused  I was so freakin scared because I only make wigs with a closure and have never done a sew in on myself. I had no clue what to do to the top portion once I got done sewing in. In the first pic is when I was done except for the part where normally my closure would go. I struggled with this section. Please excuse my greasy forehead (I applied nourish & shine b4 braiding my hair down). I feel like I did just a some what okay job for my first time. It definitely could be waaay better. My hair is sticking out some but I didn't leave any hair out. If you ladies have any ideas on how I could do better next time I'd really appreciate it. I feel like if I practice more on myself I will eventually get it...right!?! LOL I had already had this whole thing typed out and I couldn't post for some reason Confused so I hope I didn't forget anything that I originally said.

http://s1211.photobucket.com/user/esmith1981/media/Peruvian%20Hair/20130822_222141.jpg. -

http://s1211.photobucket.com/user/esmith1981/media/Peruvian%20Hair/IMG_0492_2-1.jpg.html -

http://s1211.photobucket.com/user/esmith1981/media/Peruvian%20Hair/IMG_0487-1.jpg.html -

http://s1211.photobucket.com/user/esmith1981/media/Peruvian%20Hair/20130823_140231.jpg. -

http://s1211.photobucket.com/user/esmith1981/media/Peruvian%20Hair/20130823_144843.jpg. -
Sponsored Links

AwesomeAries View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AwesomeAries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 23 2013 at 3:52pm
When you say you ain't leave any hair out
Does that mean you are walking around with your hair like the first picture
LaurenNicole View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote LaurenNicole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 23 2013 at 4:14pm
oh! I think you did really good! I don't think I could ever learn to do a sew in. I really love those curls too

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedWhiteBlue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 23 2013 at 4:16pm
Originally posted by AwesomeAries AwesomeAries wrote:

When you say you ain't leave any hair out
Does that mean you are walking around with your hair like the first picture

Lol no I did the sew in last night except for the top. Then went to bed. I finished the top this morning LOL

ETA- When I said I didn't leave any hair out I meant any of my own hair.

Edited by RedWhiteBlue - Aug 23 2013 at 4:17pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedWhiteBlue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 23 2013 at 4:18pm
Originally posted by LaurenNicole LaurenNicole wrote:

oh! I think you did really good! I don't think I could ever learn to do a sew in. I really love those curls too

Thanks...I know what you mean. The sew in wasn't too bad. It was when I got to the top that I was like "okay now what?"
Cream1970 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Cream1970 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 23 2013 at 5:55pm
OP, Just a friendly suggestion to avoid multiple threads with the same hair, you can edit the original thread when you receive the hair to show it installed instead of creating a whole new one. And then you can edit/update it again with a review of how the hair is behaving

The initial thread may be titled "I got my Wags NC (uninstalled)" the specs, price paid (if they chose to disclose),how long it took/delivery method, and show pics of the hair uninstalled, the packaging, the weft construction, how it looked out of the pack, the scent, nits, how it looks washed, what products used when washing/deep conditioning/nit removal/scent removal  etc.

Then once the hair is installed, the title is changed/edited to "Updated,Wags NC Installed" w/ pics and info about  install.

A few weeks/a month later, the same original thread can be updated once again "Updated. Wags NC 1 month review" with pics of the hair presently, products used, shredding/tangling report and if they would buy again.

Just a suggestion I wish someone had told me, lol

Congrats on your new hair!
Cream1970 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Cream1970 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 23 2013 at 5:57pm
Oh, unless the poster can't edit the OP.LOL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedWhiteBlue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 23 2013 at 6:31pm
Originally posted by Cream1970 Cream1970 wrote:

OP, Just a friendly suggestion to avoid multiple threads with the same hair, you can edit the original thread when you receive the hair to show it installed instead of creating a whole new one. And then you can edit/update it again with a review of how the hair is behaving

The initial thread may be titled "I got my Wags NC (uninstalled)" the specs, price paid (if they chose to disclose),how long it took/delivery method, and show pics of the hair uninstalled, the packaging, the weft construction, how it looked out of the pack, the scent, nits, how it looks washed, what products used when washing/deep conditioning/nit removal/scent removal  etc.

Then once the hair is installed, the title is changed/edited to "Updated,Wags NC Installed" w/ pics and info about  install.

A few weeks/a month later, the same original thread can be updated once again "Updated. Wags NC 1 month review" with pics of the hair presently, products used, shredding/tangling report and if they would buy again.

Just a suggestion I wish someone had told me, lol

Congrats on your new hair!

Thanks for the suggestions....yeah I tried to edit but I wasn't sure how even after asking a member. That's why I did another thread. I'm still learning...will eventually get it though. Thnx

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedWhiteBlue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 03 2013 at 7:15am
The hair is holding up nicely. It does tangle some at the nape but nothing running your fingers or Denman thru at night won't handle. I usually apply some type of either oil or serum just a tad bit after I take it off at night. I two strand twisted then bantu knotted the hair with Ecostyler argon oil gel and let sit overnight. Once my photo bucket is working I will show a pic.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply