Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Personal Projects: Discuss, update, celebrate!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Personal Projects: Discuss, update, celebrate!
    Posted: Jan 01 2013 at 9:47am
It's the first of the year and it seemed like a good time to start this. I know we all have resolutions, goals, plans, and ideas and the beginning of the year is as good a time as any to start.

I thought it would be nice to have a thread where we discuss our ongoing personal projects, whatever they might be (self-improvement, physical, emotional, financial, educational, career, design, etc.). I think community support and idea sharing is really helpful and we could all use more positivity.

So what are you working on? Why is it important to you? What is your expected outcome? What are you doing to achieve completion? Any tips, information (links, books, thoughts, etc.), or thoughts you'd like to share? Progress to celebrate?
Sponsored Links

maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 01 2013 at 9:50am
2013 Planning Workbook from Susannah Conway...I found it to be helpful.

http://www.susannahconway.com/2012/12/2013-workbook/

Edited by maysay1 - Jan 01 2013 at 9:51am
arlenan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote arlenan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 01 2013 at 10:54am
I will finish my BA in Public Administration in May. I am working on grad school applications for my MPA. My project is to finish school without losing my job or my sanity 
mitch77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote mitch77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 01 2013 at 11:10am
Thank you for starting this discussion- I was planning on starting a similar thread, with a slightly different twist. For this year, I plan to launch a new business venture. I was up late, scoring different resources etc. And of course, SBA and a host of other sites will be my best friend. I am at the stage in my life where I want to build enough wealth to assist inner city kids create pathways out of poverty. I am deeply burdened by the skill set I see in our community today.

So for 2012, I will launch... and continue to build a wonderful network of people who are hungry for change. Best of luck to the others here. I strongly believe in collaboration.

*Really hoping people flock in droves to this thread to contribute meaningfully>
pattigurlatl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pattigurlatl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 01 2013 at 11:32am
I'm taking my CISSP in April a day before my birthday. 

I'm moving to day shift after working 2nd and 3rd shift for about 7 years. I am going to try to finish my degree in Information Technology but I'm not particularly pressed about it since the CISSP is my ticket to any Network Security Job especially in the government sector.

But I want to travel a little more and finally learn how to speak proper French. I will also resume my weight loss goals which I put on the back burner because I put too much time into work. 

I also want to start my own IT firm.
_ConcreteRose_ View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _ConcreteRose_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 01 2013 at 11:39am
My two basics are:
Study for and Pass Exam P
Network My ass off

I feel like networking will be hard, just because it's hard for me to hold a convo with people I have nothing in common with. Im also pretty shy and reserved. My expected outcome for this is to basically have connections when I need them (for career or whatever)
mitch77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mitch77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 01 2013 at 12:39pm
ConcreteRose, Have you started building your profile online via social media. If you think that your shyness may be getting in your way, then I encourage you to work it (personal enhancement project for 2013?). ALso, linkedin and twitter, done in the right way, can provide you with a network of people you never have to meet face to face. Are you a member of any social media networks?

Good luck to you and the other IT experts. Funny, French is also on my be more fluent in list of languages as I feel I will eventually retire to French speaking country- love the cuisine...

SoutherNtellect View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SoutherNtellect Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 01 2013 at 12:56pm
good thread
i would suggest not just knowing  your project, but figure out the method. if you wanna pass an exam or get a better gpa, how will you study? what will you give up if necessary?
if you want to travel, where do you want to go, how will you budget, and what do you want to gain

im working mine out 

Edited by SoutherNtellect - Jan 01 2013 at 12:56pm
Guidette View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guidette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 01 2013 at 1:40pm
Got my youtube cooking channel up and running
Just started taking classes for Introduction to Astronomy...Loves it
and this month  my classes for E-learning and Digital Cultures starts
maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 01 2013 at 1:48pm
I really love hearing about your projects! Yay! That's motivation in and of itself for me.

Originally posted by SoutherNtellect SoutherNtellect wrote:

good thread
i would suggest not just knowing  your project, but figure out the method. if you wanna pass an exam or get a better gpa, how will you study? what will you give up if necessary?
if you want to travel, where do you want to go, how will you budget, and what do you want to gain

im working mine out 

The bold is important for me. My intention for this year (and here on out really) is ACTION. So for all my projects I'm asking myself, what daily/weekly/monthly action can I complete?

For example...one of my projects is decluttering. Trying to get rid of everything at once doesn't work. But on a daily/weekly basis I can clear off one surface or drawer, or put my donation box in the car so that the next time I'm near goodwill I can just drop it off.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>