Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Perming curly hair to kinky curly?

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
mocha__chai View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mocha__chai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Perming curly hair to kinky curly?
    Posted: Feb 18 2010 at 5:09pm
I recieved hair that wasn't as coarse/curly as I needed it to be, and the hair was only steam processed for curls. Do you think I'd be okay if I re-permed it with smaller rods for a tighter, kinkier curl? Also, if I do re-process it, will it get that kinky, AA texture to it, or is there another process for that?

I know the hair has already been processed, but I'm getting my install soon, but I don't have the funds to buy more hair and no one seems interested in getting it off my hands. Plus steam processing is less damaging than regular perms, so I just figure.

Anyone has done this?
Sponsored Links

AmandaKay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmandaKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 20 2010 at 5:38pm
BUMPING this for you
Helz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Helz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 20 2010 at 7:44pm
I'm not sure if this thread is exactly what you need, but I think it might point you in the right direction.

http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=231183&PN=1
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 20 2010 at 8:34pm
It sounds like you'll have a tangled mess in your hands in 4 weeks if you do that.   
cutescorpio View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cutescorpio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 21 2010 at 12:34pm
I wouldn't try it....You don't wanna overprocess the hair...
mocha__chai View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mocha__chai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 21 2010 at 12:55pm
Yeah thanks guys. I was on the brink of curly perming the hair, but I did a test piece on my old perfect locks and eh, no thank you. Curly perming should be left in the eighties LOL
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic