Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
CoCo Black Hair
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Lace Fronts (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Topic ClosedPermaRite plus????

Post Reply Post Reply
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
AarisZilton View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: PermaRite plus????
    Posted: Oct 05 2009 at 12:08pm
  So I have been reading that MLCA is great with PermaRite for a strong hold that will give you at least a week's hold. But recently women have been complaining about adverse effects due to MLCA so I wanted a safer adhesive to layer the PermaRite with. What do you ladies suggest?

What kind of adhesive is MLCA? I know the PermaRite goes well with it but since it's not working that well  with these side effects I'm thinking of ORWG with PermaRite? Would that work?

OK so I have the Davelyn Waterproof, its not the T! What do I layer it with for a good one week strong "SNATCH MY ponytail" hold and the ponytail and lace wont snatch up with it? I need a strong hold and annoyed with these adhesives these days.

I went to a BSS and was checking out thier Synthetic LW, not really impressed with the one I went to but I asked for an adhesive lol! I had my lace wig on and no one knew any different. They were all talking about TYler perry in "I can do bad all by myself" and his lacewig and how realistic they look and my friend who didn't know I had a lace wig said "this lady in church wears them and I was wondering about them". They all assumed my lace was my hair so I know I'm doing something right lol!

But anyway... he showed me this adhesive called Might Tite I believe? Anyway, what are your thoughts on it? Is it worth the $8 they are selling it for? How do you use it?

Alot of BSS sell Vapon no tape and ultra hold. Heard too many scary stores with Miss UH and my friend was using her one time but I aint messing with it but Vapon? Thoughts?

I know this is alot but I'm just curious because I'm trying to step my game up and I'm tried of these wateredv down adhesives. So any thoughts and suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

AZ
Sponsored Links

AstroEngineer View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 05 2009 at 12:48pm
What have you heard about UH? (I'm using it and would love to know if I shouldn't be!) 

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 05 2009 at 12:58pm
Originally posted by AstroEngineer AstroEngineer wrote:

What have you heard about UH? (I'm using it and would love to know if I shouldn't be!) 

I heard that it gave people headaches and I think it reaced to their skin badly. My friend used it and was ok for her but she wanted a stronger hold and got on Endura Bond. But if you check in the vets section you will find a whole lot more info.

AZ
SistaHollywood View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 05 2009 at 1:18pm
I dont like Mity Tite or UH and even Vapon to me gets stringy although I was told to put it under hot water before using . I do like davlin green and 30 sec ultra hold and brandywine but my mainstay is ML and permarite 1 sometimes I use permarite 15 or safty grip with the ML and pr1Wink

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 05 2009 at 1:37pm
Originally posted by SistaHollywood SistaHollywood wrote:

I dont like Mity Tite or UH and even Vapon to me gets stringy although I was told to put it under hot water before using . I do like davlin green and 30 sec ultra hold and brandywine but my mainstay is ML and permarite 1 sometimes I use permarite 15 or safty grip with the ML and pr1Wink

Thank you! ML is Miss Lola's right? But I need to seriously get on my A game. Tired of having my apps come undown the next day or when water hits it. I need to be able to scrap with my lace still intact when the vaseline is rubbed off and the hair is down being pulled! I like to be able to snatch my hair up in a pony and no worry the lace is going to snatch up with it and expose me! Because the people round' my way no nothing about my hair and I want to keep it that way!

AZ
thedivasworld View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 06 2009 at 1:35am
Originally posted by AarisZilton AarisZilton wrote:

So I have been reading that MLCA is great with PermaRite for a strong hold that will give you at least a week's hold. But recently women have been complaining about adverse effects due to MLCA so I wanted a safer adhesive to layer the PermaRite with. What do you ladies suggest?

What kind of adhesive is MLCA? I know the PermaRite goes well with it but since it's not working that well  with these side effects I'm thinking of ORWG with PermaRite? Would that work?

OK so I have the Davelyn Waterproof, its not the T! What do I layer it with for a good one week strong "SNATCH MY ponytail" hold and the ponytail and lace wont snatch up with it? I need a strong hold and annoyed with these adhesives these days.

I went to a BSS and was checking out thier Synthetic LW, not really impressed with the one I went to but I asked for an adhesive lol! I had my lace wig on and no one knew any different. They were all talking about TYler perry in "I can do bad all by myself" and his lacewig and how realistic they look and my friend who didn't know I had a lace wig said "this lady in church wears them and I was wondering about them". They all assumed my lace was my hair so I know I'm doing something right lol!

But anyway... he showed me this adhesive called Might Tite I believe? Anyway, what are your thoughts on it? Is it worth the $8 they are selling it for? How do you use it?

Alot of BSS sell Vapon no tape and ultra hold. Heard too many scary stores with Miss UH and my friend was using her one time but I aint messing with it but Vapon? Thoughts?

I know this is alot but I'm just curious because I'm trying to step my game up and I'm tried of these wateredv down adhesives. So any thoughts and suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

AZ

try using a tape/adhesive combo....I use PR1/DG/True Blue Tape...my hold is TIGHT ......can last up to 3 weeks.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 06 2009 at 8:27am
Originally posted by thedivasworld thedivasworld wrote:

Originally posted by AarisZilton AarisZilton wrote:

AZ

try using a tape/adhesive combo....I use PR1/DG/True Blue Tape...my hold is TIGHT ......can last up to 3 weeks.

Thank you so much! I need to try this! Do you put PR1 on the tape or your skin? Do you put the tape on your lace then put the PR on the tape  or you put the tape on your skin then layer the PR1? Anyway thanks!

AZ
kaai View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 06 2009 at 10:11pm
AarisHlton,
I be tried both on my nape. tape then #  1.

then tape on top of that. It held on for life.

then perma rite on my skin then tape in the wig. smashed it on.Confused

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 07 2009 at 2:25pm
Originally posted by kaai kaai wrote:

AarisHlton,
I be tried both on my nape. tape then #  1.

then tape on top of that. It held on for life.

then perma rite on my skin then tape in the wig. smashed it on.Confused

Thanks Kaai! But I'm going to need you to break that one down again for me lol!

Ok Are you talking about 2 different methods? The first with the tape and then #1 on your nape and then the next one with #1 on skin then tape on wig and put her on?

Or is it all one step where you put the tape on your nape, then put the #1 and then tape and tape on the wig? Anyway, I just need a real tight grip so if this works then I will definately be giving her a try! Thanks again!

AZ
kaai View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 07 2009 at 11:07pm
no u got it right.Thumbs%20Up

I  switched it up to see which method would hold better.

the tape on my nape first was uncomfortably tightShocked

I would  put tape in the front  I thin out (my wigs) around my face.
so I think u maybe be able to see it.....
mmmm I gotta try it to see.

a few  people layer the tape, glue to swim in their LF 

working out is enough for me!!Wink

Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic