BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Color
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Perm+Rinse=???

Post Reply Post Reply

Author
Mahogany_Bliss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahogany_Bliss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Perm+Rinse=???
    Posted: Sep 26 2009 at 1:22pm
Hi ladies, this question has probably been asked a millions times on this site but I can't find it. I have a natural color of 1b, sometimes closer to 2. I am a darker skinned woman and I looooove my hair to be as dark and it can go. Today is perm day Cry and I need to do a rinse very badly!! Is it ok to perm and put a jet black rinse on my hair on the same day? Pleaaaase say yes bc I hate when my hair isnt jet black. The darker my hair is the sexier I feel bc I have dark features and the dark hair looks wonderful with the way my face is made and my features. Please say this is possible..!  Confused
Sponsored Links

Lux Cat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lux Cat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 26 2009 at 6:32pm
It's ok.  I prefer a demi-permanent color versus a rinse.  It last longer but doesn't do damage.  Only thing you would have to wait a couple of weeks after the perm, but its worth it.
Shx3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shx3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 27 2009 at 6:48pm
What is the difference between demi and semi perminant?
Shx3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shx3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 27 2009 at 6:48pm
What is the difference between demi and semi perminant?
rinthecutie View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rinthecutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 28 2009 at 11:16am
Got this off of hairstyling suite:

Semi-Permanent Hair Colour

• can be recognized by stylists applying colour directly from the bottle onto the hair
  • contains no ammonia
  • is not mixed with a developer such as peroxide, so colour is deposited on the outside of the hair
  • the hair cuticle is not lifted (because no developer is used) so there is no lifting of existing colour
  • lasts four to six shampoos
  • used for tonal changes, adding shine, or for temporary fashion colours like fuschia or royal blue
  • example: Paul Mitchell Inkworks

Demi-Permanent Hair Colour

• contains no ammonia
  • is mixed with an activator, such as peroxide
  • activator lifts cuticle slightly so colour sits in and under the cuticle
  • lasts 18 to 20 shampoos
  • fades gradually and then washes out to the original colour of the hair
  • used for toning, changing tone, filling in highlights, and going darker
  • good way to temporarily change hair colour to try something new
  • also recommended to colour hair that is already significantly damaged or over processed
  • example: PM Shines by Paul Mitchell

Permanent Hair Colour

• usually contains some amount of ammonia
  • is mixed with an activator (developer)
  • activator fully lifts the cuticle of the hair and removes natural pigment, even when going from light hair to dark hair
  • while cuticle is lifted permanent colour is deposited under the cuticle and inside the cortex of the hair shaft
  • after the colour is activated, the cuticle closes and the colour stays inside which gives the hair its new colour
  • permanent colour is essential in going lighter, covering grey and intensifying tone permanently but will start to fade anywhere from 3-8 weeks
  • permanent colour is usually maintained with either more permanent colour over top, or a demi to refresh the colour with less processing
  • example: Wella Koleston Perfect

Knowing the options in hair colour will help salon clients choose the right type for their wants and needs. Understanding what is available at the salon will ensure the client and stylist are speaking the same language when discussing colour choices.

kkty83 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kkty83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 03 2009 at 9:20pm
Thanks for the info rinthecutie.
kkty83 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kkty83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 03 2009 at 9:22pm

Where can you buy demi-permanent hair colour?

AvyGyaru View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AvyGyaru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 11 2009 at 11:33pm
thank you for posting that info. I'd never heard of Demi Permanent until now. I just thought it was a typo!
FeistyFeeFee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FeistyFeeFee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 12 2009 at 3:13am
O.k. I rinsed last week (I think it was thursday), now if I put the relaxer on my hair, will the color be eaten away and I have to do it all over and condition like there is no tomorrow?  I did not notice I needed a relaxer until I cleaned the house yesterday and I sweated my hair out so bad, it just curled right up - not nappy. . .CURLED! LOL.Unhappy
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic