Extensions Plus

Forum LockedPerm Burn + Weave?

Post Reply Post Reply
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
hOnii View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Perm Burn + Weave?
    Posted: May 07 2004 at 3:19pm

aight, so i crashed my moms car the other day and was too scared to ask her to perm my hair, and i really needed one, so i did it myself. i ended up burning myself since i cant see my scalp in the back of my head and i was putting perm on my scalp. there were burns all over, but throughout the week i've been kinda crusting off the dry burns, so they arent a lot left anymore.

my question is can you put braids in your hair after a perm burn? my hair might be kinda weak right now and i dont wanna put too much stress on it yet that will cause it to break when i go to take the braids out. i was thinking that i'd just give myself a scalp treatment, oil my scalp and hair, then braid it.

Sponsored Links

poohbear View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2004 at 4:36pm

What kind of braids are you planning on doing? Cornrows, micros...?

Personally, I'd wait for my scalp to heal before I tried braiding it. The scalp treatment sounds good.

Valynt9 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2004 at 6:03pm
Agreed.  Wait till your hair and scalp are stronger.
michelle_del View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2004 at 9:26pm
Originally posted by hOnii hOnii wrote:

<FONT face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" color=#9966cc size=1>aight, so i crashed my moms car the other day and was too scared to ask her to perm my hair, and i really needed one, so i did it myself. i ended up burning myself since i cant see my scalp in the back of my head and i was putting perm on my scalp. there were burns all over, but throughout the week i've been kinda crusting off the dry burns, so they arent a lot left anymore.

<FONT face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" color=#9966cc size=1>my question is can you put braids in your hair after a perm burn? my hair might be kinda weak right now and i dont wanna put too much stress on it yet that will cause it to break when i go to take the braids out. i was thinking that i'd just give myself a scalp treatment, oil my scalp and hair, then braid it.

I wouldn't have asked my mom to braid my hair either if i were in that situation . Sorry, ok seriously, I think you should wait 2 weeks to a month to do any sort of tugging on the hair and scalp. I think you should do conditione washes and wear protective styles until your scalp is somewhat recovered.
alliyah4eva2003 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2004 at 8:05am
wait for your scalp to heal. you can use tea tree oil on the burns to help with the healing process. you can also try aveda scalp remedy. this worked well for me when i got my last retouch and i had a lot of burns
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic