Extensions Plus

Forum LockedPerm before braids?

Post Reply Post Reply
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
JaimmeLove View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Perm before braids?
    Posted: May 24 2007 at 1:21pm
hi, I just had a quick question.

My hair is permed already but I am technically going to be due for a retouch in probably about 2 weeks. The thing is, I don't really want to get a perm. I don't know if I want to swear off perms, but I don't want to get a perm right now. I am wanting to get my hair in braids for the summer. (1) So I can swim and enjoy life without bothering with my hair
(2) So my hair can grow and stay protected and
(3) So I don't have to do it in the morning (since I don't know how to really do my hair anyway.)
My question though is, should I get a perm before I braid it? I really don't want to perm it but some of my friends say I should perm it or else the braids will pull my hair out but...I don't know. I'm getting tired of perms. My hair is pretty long as well, so I don't want to cut off all my hair to restart, I just want to grow out the perm for now and get braids.
Should I get a perm before I get the braids or will it just be fine?

Also, your hair can grow in braids right? I was thinking to keep my hair in braids for awhile, like braid it, keep it in for awhile, take it out and wash it and everything and leave it out for a few days and then braid it again. My hair will grow better right since I am not taking a brush and comb to it everyday?
Sponsored Links

mzmart View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2007 at 5:57pm
braids are a low manipulation style meaning it does help with growth because ur right ur not combing or brushing remember to wash ur hair when braided and keep the scalp clean and moist and it should grow  only if u use very fine braids like mircos they tend 2 pull at the hairs around the temple and back area bcuz of the weight and the limited mount of hair there it costs stress there  i personally dont see why u have to perm ur hair
sweet_ambrosia View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2007 at 6:40pm

You donít have to perm your hair before you braid it, itís not necessary. As long as you take the proper steps in caring for your hair while itís braided up, your hair should be fine.

JaimmeLove View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2007 at 7:07pm
ok thank you very much! I really appreciate this! :) I'm glad I don't have to get a perm, cause I'm tired of them. They are makin my hair thinner and it's tearin up my scalp really bad....so I think I am going to steer clear of perms for awhile, I just wish I knew how to do my own hair...but I'll learn. 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
iLace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic