FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

People who passed or can pass for white

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4748495051 53>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
Zupreme View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zupreme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2011 at 1:06am
stevie nicks, thou needeth more people Geek

Sponsored Links

pattigurlatl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pattigurlatl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2011 at 2:15am
Z, I always wondered about Stevie.

But her Wiccan ways would throw me off track.
NinaS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NinaS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2011 at 2:19am
I nominate Djimon Hounsou and Alek Wek
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pattigurlatl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2011 at 2:42am
I kinda think Bill Bellamy's wife could pass for at least Latina if not white. Don't have a pic though.
*Belle*Femme* View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Belle*Femme* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2011 at 6:42am
Originally posted by NinaS NinaS wrote:

LOLLOLLOLLOL
Afrikana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afrikana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2011 at 10:22am
Originally posted by NinaS NinaS wrote:

lol
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pattigurlatl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 10 2011 at 8:41am
How a white man became black overnight

Michael Fosberg was busy sprinting from one airport in one city to another, one interview followed by another. "January and February are booked solid," he told theGrio over the weekend, acknowledging his increase in bookings at high schools, colleges and arts festivals for events tied to observances of the Martin Luther King holiday and Black History Month.

It's high season for Fosberg, actor, writer, theatrical producer, storyteller and a man who discovered a wholesale change in his racial identity in the time it took to make one phone call.

Fosberg is the author of Incognito, a one-man, 12-character play that chronicles his world-changing discovery, what led up to that moment when he, a man whose outward appearance marks him as white, finds out his biological father was black. A book of that journey (out on Feb. 22; preorder on the Incognito website) distills his story in book form, and examines how the nation navigates the same turbulent waters.

Incognito book cover.jpg

It's a story that started in a working-class neighborhood of Waukegan, outside Chicago. "I was raised by my mother and a stepfather," Fosberg said. "He legally adopted me when I was 5. I didn't know what that meant, and we didn't have a lot of connections -- I was into sports, he wasn't."

"They were getting a divorce when I was in my 30s, and I didn't know anything about my biological father. I decided to press for some answers."

By then Fosberg had gone on to pursue the theater professionally, working in the Chicago area with John Malkovich and Gary Sinise, among others. A move to Los Angeles followed, with Fosberg working in television and movies, and doing more theater work in the area.

But knowing about his biological father was the itch he couldn't scratch. Finally, he said, after he pursued the issue, "my mother gave me two or three bits of information. One was his name, John Sidney Woods." The other was a location: Somewhere in Detroit.

"I went to the Santa Monica library and looked up his name in the Detroit phone book."

Fosberg went home that day in 1992 to the quiet of his rent-controlled apartment, picked up the phone and called the first number on his short list of possibles.

He relates what happened next with a passion and a sense of character so profound, you know it's been pulled from the substance of his own play.

"I'm looking for a John Sidney Woods?"

"You're speaking with him."

"Did you live in the Boston area in 1957?"

"I did."

"Were you married to a woman by the name of Adrienne Pilbosian?"

There was a pause.

"He said yes, and I realized I'd tracked down my father in the first phone call."

What followed was the catching-up conversation you'd expect, the revelations of family and connections revealed layer by layer.

"Then he says one other thing: 'There's something else I'm sure your mother didn't tell you. I'm African-American.'"

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pattigurlatl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2013 at 12:03am
bumping
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2013 at 12:07am
Thanks for bumping Patti!

I was just gonna write in the "Socialite" thread how all these threads are making realize how seriously F***** up these racial labels are

They were so ridiculous... no wonder we modern Americans are so race obsessed
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2013 at 12:07am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4748495051 53>
  Share Topic