Angkor Cambodian Hair

People who passed or can pass for white

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3536373839 52>

Bootiful Cream

Author
teendiva View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teendiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 18 2010 at 1:30am
Lol at the leading actress of Imitation of Life faking passingLOL

Carol Channing ain't dead! I remembered that Wendy Williams episode too Kaai so I had to look it up!

I was going to read Black Like Me. Can't remember why I didn't

SNL always annoyed me with the way they made Maya Rudolph play every ethnicity imaginableSleepy
Sponsored Links

teendiva View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teendiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 18 2010 at 1:31am
Originally posted by Jess Jess wrote:

Who is the first guy b/c that looks just like AC. Lips and all.

ShockedWhen did Anderson Cooper get lips?!
SexyCurlyGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SexyCurlyGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 18 2010 at 2:33am
When I first saw Jessica Shzor on Gossip Girl I knew she was mixed with black!

This thread is so interesting. Very interesting youtube tv show about people passing and their stories.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMp20fZ6PSM
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 18 2010 at 2:54am
Originally posted by pattigurlatl pattigurlatl wrote:

Blanche Bruce, first AA senator to serve a full term

File:Blanche%20Bruce%20-%20Brady-Handy.jpg

Josephine%20BruceA clubwoman, teacher, society leader, and race activist, Josephine Beall Willson Bruce was born in Philadelphia on October 29, 1853, to Dr. Joseph Willson, a prominent dentist, and Elizabeth Harnett Willson, a singer and musician. In 1854 the family moved to Cleveland, Ohio where Josephine Willson received her education. An accomplished linguist, she enjoyed literature and classical music.

On June 24, 1878, she married Republican senator Blanche K. Bruce, a political leader and plantation owner from Mississippi and the only black United States senator. After touring Europe they established residence in Washington, D.C. With Josephine Bruce a cultured and charming hostess, the Bruce home became a center of Washington social life. Though Blanche Bruce's term ended in 1880 he received political appointments in Washington enabling the couple to remain active in social and community life.

Josephine Bruce became interested in the emerging women's club movement and in 1892 became one of the charter members of the Colored Woman's League of Washington, D.C. As one of a small group of black women in the nation's capital who organized the National Organization of Afro-American Women (1894) to improve and promote the interests of black women, Bruce spoke at the convention of the National Federation of Afro-American Women in 1896. That convention led to the merger of two organizations forming the National Association of Colored Women. This early leadership helped her election as first vice president of the National Association of Colored Women (NACW) at the 1899 convention. At that organization's 1906 meeting she was an unsuccessful candidate for the presidency when her fair complexion was used against her. Although she reduced her involvement with the NACW, she continued her club activities.

Shortly after her husband died in 1898, Josephine Bruce joined the staff at Tuskegee Institute, becoming dean of women and remaining in that position until 1902. In addition to her club and educational work, she wrote articles, one for The Crisis and three for the Voice of the Negro. She edited National Notes, the official organ of the National Association of Colored Women. She also managed real estate holdings in the District of Columbia and a plantation in Mississippi.

Josephine Bruce died on February 24, 1923, at the residence of her son in Kendall, West Virginia.

i wonder where their descendants are
STricky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote STricky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 18 2010 at 3:00am
I always thought Mae West had some black in her. I was surprised to find out she was supposedly white. 
STricky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote STricky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 18 2010 at 3:00am
Oh, but also, I like this thread.
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 18 2010 at 3:22am
Originally posted by Malwina Malwina wrote:

Originally posted by rickysrose rickysrose wrote:

IMHO, this intentional mixing (miscegenation), fraught with shame was a deliberate tool of systemic racism ... used to illustrate to the black masses just how inescapable their position in society was and to instill a latent desire to be the very thing that they were not ... a stockholm syndrome of sorts

more or less thats how it got down

mulattoes and creoles were their own class before reconstruction, but after it ended, whites said "now yall dont dare to think you something special, you're just negroes", but then they made research and estimated that 70% of freedmen is mixed to some degree. now that was a problem. so they just took a shortcut and imposed ODR. of course it opposes common sense, thats its purpose Geek creoles were historically the only group that opposed it and it seems to me most of them still do

hmmmmmmmm
Missvw View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Missvw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 18 2010 at 3:49am
Originally posted by LadyCC LadyCC wrote:

Lets not forget Wentworth Miller

oooooweeee no lets not forget him
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 18 2010 at 4:02am
wentworth miller just looks like a dirty/greasy white guy no matter how he cleans up...
Choco View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Choco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 18 2010 at 4:27am
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

wentworth miller just looks like a dirty/greasy white guy no matter how he cleans up...

Afrokock you are now walking on veryyyyyyyy thin ice!

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarg
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3536373839 52>
  Share Topic