Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

People outside your race amazed by your hair?

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
carrshajamie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carrshajamie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: People outside your race amazed by your hair?
    Posted: May 16 2013 at 9:47pm
Im not talking about the age old "can I touch it?"
I had an Asian man walk up to me today (I work in retail) and ask me me serious questions about my hair. He wanted to know how long it took me to complete my style and how often do I do it. Im currently wearing my hair in havana twists with crochet braids. Anybody else have an experience like this? Its new for me.
Sponsored Links

yurika975 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yurika975 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2013 at 10:45pm
It happens. They are generally amazed by our hair. I've had an Italian girl tell me that YT really like it and are a bit envious, though they probably would never admit it. She told me that regardless of how much they spend on their hair at a salon, that same night, they are shampooing it, right back to normal. She says it's because we can do so many things with it and rock all kinds of styles. 
Malwina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malwina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2013 at 10:46pm
Originally posted by yurika975 yurika975 wrote:

It happens. They are generally amazed by our hair. I've had an Italian girl tell me that YT really like it and are a bit envious, though they probably would never admit it. She told me that regardless of how much they spend on their hair at a salon, that same night, they are shampooing it, right back to normal. She says it's because we can do so many things with it and rock all kinds of styles. 
White people ARE envious of Black/colored people in general. I noticed that some time ago. It's not just wanting our butts, trust.
CherryBlossom View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CherryBlossom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2013 at 4:57am
When I was little, white teachers were always touching my hair and oohing and ahhing over it smh..LOL Dead
Lady ICE View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lady ICE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2013 at 8:34am
i had some teen asians years ago ask me about my braids. they wanted theirs done. wanted to know how long it took and such.
Blac1Chyna View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blac1Chyna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2013 at 1:52pm
I did when wore braids
Up&Out39 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Up&Out39 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2013 at 10:46pm
The kids I babysit are amazed by my braids. I've always got that from other races. They'd always complain how their hair never could stay in a style. Yes they are envious and I love it Smile
brittsemone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brittsemone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2013 at 1:21pm
Yup. One of my good friends is white, and she is amazed at my sew-ins, braids, etc.
She actually wants me to braid her hair so she can wear a braidout like I do, and she wants me to sew in some tracks for her. No problem for me. Hello, money.
Beauty620 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beauty620 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2013 at 12:47am
Yes my co workers all the time, well one in particular. She always says omg is that your hair, so where is your hair and how do you do it....LOLWink

idk if it matters but she is caucassian. I get some black chics that ask me too tho, I always say "this isnt my hair" LOL
KittenWhip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KittenWhip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 04 2013 at 1:40pm
When I had braids, these two little girls would stare at my head for what felt like hours.  I asked them if they had little girls in their class who looked like me.  Their mom told me there were NO kids of any other hue in their school.  This was upstate New York; I was surprised. 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply