BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

People of faith

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
SweetNovember* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SweetNovember* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: People of faith
    Posted: Jul 29 2013 at 8:11am
What are your expectations of God, if any? (that sounds so...presumptuous, but) In other words, what benefits do you reap or expect to reap by walking with God? Do you think there could be an event in your life that could make you turn away from God?

I was watching the news early this morning and saw a clip of Rick Warren, pastor of a megachurch and author of the best selling The Purpose Driven Life, conducting his first sermon since his son's suicide four months ago. I am so inspired by his faith.

Anyway, this is an old interview that talks about how people have dealt with their children's suicide and talks about the myth of God promising Christians the perfect life.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/06/matthew-warren-suicide_n_3029792.html

Edited by SweetNovember* - Jul 29 2013 at 8:18am
Sponsored Links

newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 29 2013 at 8:51am
*pops gum* imma just watch while my clothes are washin'.
Jewelsnyc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Jewelsnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 29 2013 at 9:11am
I don't feel like you should or can expect anything from God. God, has given you the ability to have empathy, sympathy, compassion, understanding etc...it is up to you as an individual to construct your path and how you choose to walk in that path. You can burden yourself with regret, sorrow, remorse, fear and anger and your path will be long and hard, you will not see the value of life, or your self-worth. Or you can walk with faith (the power each individual posses) in the abilities God has given you to grow & learn from each experience.

I've had many difficult obstacles (at times I thought impossible to overcome) but the mind/spirit is resilient if you trust in the higher power. There is something greater than yourself and it is up to you to seek your truth and what makes you feel connected to that higher power.

Derri View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Derri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 29 2013 at 9:17am
What benefits do I expect to reap? Well the true and living God does everything right. So if I do as many things right as I can, then the expectation of our relationship is endless. In my lifetime My biggest desire for our relationship is for me to kill my ego.

Ego created sin in the first place, and the only way to get rid of it and to get back to where we were with our father would be to overcome our ego. In the Garden of Gethsemane Jesus overcame the ego of man for us, to cancel out our defeat with our ego in the Garden of Eden.

Ego is a bigger deal than most christian leaders teach. Heck, they rarely ever teach about it, yet it is the cause of all human issues.

-There has been several times in my life where I felt like God packed up and moved and didn't send me his new address.
I felt lower than the pit. I felt abandoned and desolate. Near death. And let's not talk about when I grow closer to God and hear from him a thousand times a day, and then all of a sudden it seems like he drops his arm that fastened me, and all of my life tumbled to the ground. I spoke to him and he was mute. Months on end I can't hear from God despite fasting and meditation. I hear very well, so when I don't hear from God I got batsh*t crazy! It really puts his necessity in my life in perspective. Now when that happens I am reminded of how often King David felt abandoned by God: "Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence? … If I settle on the far side of the sea, even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast. If I say, 'Surely the darkness will hide me and the light become night around me,' even the darkness will not be dark to you" (Psalm 139:7, 9-12).

So when I feel blind to my own life, I remind myself of my other life partner who is never asleep and has all the vision and I trust him. Again...ego related. Can't escape the ego relation no matter what.

Derri View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Derri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 29 2013 at 9:27am
No test, no testimony!
ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 29 2013 at 10:46am

expect?   lol.  no.

i don't think i have ever prayed for anything specifically for myself, other than uderstanding...
blaquefoxx View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blaquefoxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 29 2013 at 10:50am
Originally posted by Derri Derri wrote:

Ego is a bigger deal than most christian leaders teach. Heck, they rarely ever teach about it, yet it is the cause of all human issues.

I wholeheartedly agree with this. People in general are too proud and don't like righteous correction. They are quick to follow those who speak with smooth words/forked tongues who are actually trying to distract, deceive and ultimately destroy you. Yet they will mock and turn away from those who are trying to show them love according to laws of The Most High. And then wanna turn and seek GOD when they find themselves in a ditch (Hosea 5:15).
Jr1127 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jr1127 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 29 2013 at 10:55am
What do you mean by expect? When you walk with GOD there should be no exception but to have the body of Christ!

Edited by Jr1127 - Jul 29 2013 at 11:04am
Sleek View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sleek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 29 2013 at 11:00am
Originally posted by blaquefoxx blaquefoxx wrote:

Originally posted by Derri Derri wrote:

Ego is a bigger deal than most christian leaders teach.
Heck, they rarely ever teach about it, yet it is the cause of all human
issues.

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">

I
wholeheartedly agree with this.
People in general are too proud and don't like righteous correction.
They are quick to follow those who speak with smooth words/forked
tongues who are actually trying to distract, deceive and ultimately
destroy you. Yet they will mock and turn away from those who are trying
to show them love according to
laws of The Most High. And then wanna turn and seek GOD when they find themselves in a ditch (Hosea 5:15).

Prazol60 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prazol60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 29 2013 at 11:24am
I expect nothing and no I don't see myself turning from God. There were times when I was angry but it was never directed at God. I can't image doing that in the future but who knows. I guess if my whole family was killed but I don't know really. It is nothing something I really like to think about.
(Unitarian)
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>