Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - People Magazine's Most Beautiful Person: Lupita
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

People Magazine's Most Beautiful Person: Lupita

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 11>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 4.50  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 23 2014 at 1:39pm
Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

Told yall she would be better not winnin that damn award

but niccas love the Oscars

I don't think your assertion is correct.

I watched 12YAS finally on the plane.  I did like the movie--everyone acted really well in it.  I wondered how the fvck she collected that much damn cotton thoughLOL

tea: oh and I finally compared it to Jennifer Lawrence's role in that movie...I don't get how the FVCK she even got nominated for an Academy Award for it in the first place.

Edited by EPITOME - Apr 23 2014 at 1:51pm
Sponsored Links

coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 23 2014 at 1:40pm
A big part of lupita winning was her popularity

That's why I think she'll get roles.. It doesn't matter if you suck, wear costumes, diff colored wigs everyday (gaga and nickiesq) once u have fans.. They'll go support you.

If I was making a movie I'd put lupita in it cus I think some ppl will go see it cus of her. Same reason ppl put singers and rappers non-acting asses in shiit.. They have the fans.

Edited by coconess - Apr 23 2014 at 1:42pm
femmemichelle View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (9) Thanks(9)   Quote femmemichelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 23 2014 at 1:42pm
Archiving this for those of you in here who think not booking 12 new roles within one month of her win will ruin her career 0_o. It's like yall want it to happen. The Oscars were literally last month. And now she's on the cover of People. Those are more accolades than 99% of young Hollywood. Chill.

And I thought 12 Years A Slave was an amazing movie. 
liesnalibis View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 23 2014 at 1:45pm
Originally posted by femmemichelle femmemichelle wrote:

Archiving this for those of you in here who think not booking 12 new roles within one month of her win will ruin her career 0_o. It's like yall want it to happen. The Oscars were literally last month. And now she's on the cover of People. Those are more accolades than 99% of young Hollywood. Chill.

SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 23 2014 at 1:49pm
Originally posted by Princess Grace Princess Grace wrote:

did you guys think 12 years was a GREAT movie though??? 

saying I enjoyed it feels weird but I thought it was a good movie

I didn't feel like I had to see it

but since it was based on a true story, I did want to check it out

I know Fruitvale is a good movie too but my heart won't let me watch it

Edited by SamoneLenior - Apr 23 2014 at 1:51pm
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 23 2014 at 1:49pm
Originally posted by femmemichelle femmemichelle wrote:

where are these histrionics coming from?Confused
BeatriceBean View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeatriceBean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 23 2014 at 1:53pm
Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

Originally posted by BeatriceBean BeatriceBean wrote:

She's probably just selecting her roles more wisely. It's hard to follow an Oscar, especially as a new actress. Better that her next move be smart than fast. A bad move can kill a career...waiting  for the right role can only quiet a buzz.

No that wasn't it according to people I know in the industry.  But I hope it's perceived that wayBig smile

They're saying no one is sending her scripts and that she's in talks with no one?
Princess Grace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Princess Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 23 2014 at 1:53pm
this seems to be taking the turn that the other Lupita thread went ... 

Edited by Princess Grace - Apr 23 2014 at 1:54pm
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 23 2014 at 1:59pm

Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

She's probably just selecting her roles more wisely. It's hard to follow an Oscar, especially as a new actress. Better that her next move be smart than fast. A bad move can kill a career...waiting  for the right role can only quiet a buzz.

No that wasn't it according to people I know in the industry.  But I hope it's perceived that wayBig smile

They're saying no one is sending her scripts and that she's in talks with no one?

not that extreme. somewhere in the middle. She's changed agencies so she is obviously dissatisfied on some level.  I want her to win and be everywhere. 

Edited by EPITOME - Apr 23 2014 at 2:00pm
Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 23 2014 at 2:03pm
*looks at the one movie she's rumored to be in*
*looks at the cast*
Hmmm...
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair