Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - People Magazine's Most Beautiful Person: Lupita
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

People Magazine's Most Beautiful Person: Lupita

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 11>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 4.50  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: People Magazine's Most Beautiful Person: Lupita
    Posted: Apr 23 2014 at 7:25am

Quote:

Though she grew up thinking that "light skin and flowing, straight hair" made women desirable, World's Most Beautiful Woman Nyong'o, 31, tells PEOPLE that her mother "always said I was beautiful. And I finally believed her at some point." The Oscar winner, who's now a face of Lancôme Paris, is excited for this honor in part because of "all the girls who would see me … and feel a little more seen."

I usually do not buy People but I will buy this issue to support.

Sponsored Links

Ming View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 23 2014 at 7:26am
I think gwenyth paltrow was most beautiful last year.. people were upset. I wonder how this will make them react.

She looks very nice
mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 23 2014 at 7:26am
White folk know how to run things into the ground.....they did this with raise the roof tweaking and now Lupita......
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 23 2014 at 7:27am
Clap
zolloh View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote zolloh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 23 2014 at 7:27am
Ill be back.. after coffee has kicked in and fvckery has ensued in this here thread
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (12) Thanks(12)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 23 2014 at 7:29am
They put on whoever's the 'it' girl of the moment.. Never fails
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (9) Thanks(9)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 23 2014 at 7:34am
Ironically---this girl apparently doesn't have any movies lined up--which is probably why she switched agencies.  You win an Oscar and have zero scripts.  Other Oscar NOMINEES have 5 movies lined up.  She is living off that Lancome money only right now.

She needs to find someone who will get her a fashion endorsement, a big budget fantasy movie thing like Zoe Saldana does, and small indie stuff.  Essentially--model her career after Jennifer Lawrence imo. Of course it's harder bc she's black.

And Sandy I disagree with the overexposure idea.  When are black actresses ever really "overexposed" kwim? Ain't but like 20 and she and Halle are the only 2 I remember getting this honor.  I mean Halle did do that crappy movie afterwards though---Catwoman--but before that Halle was steadily working.  Lupita is different because she just started so this exposure is good for her nascent career imo.

I have no problem with a black woman being an "It Girl" and being "over exposed" or being shoved in my face all the time.Embarrassed

Edited by EPITOME - Apr 23 2014 at 7:35am
Derri View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Derri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 23 2014 at 7:37am
I don't look to whites to confirm anything before I believe it. That right there will get me got.

But on paper (which it all that matters in these parts) it's a good look for her. And some sad little girls might start liking the way they look. Don't know.
Midna View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Midna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 23 2014 at 7:43am
Well they aren't wrong, for once.
Derri View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Derri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 23 2014 at 7:45am
As far as her career goes, well she's got to know what dreams to follow and why.

I studied theatre, acted in a few plays, wanted to audition for Degrassi with my friend. He auditioned but I didn't. I didn't want to bump into the pile up of black actors trying to get on. I have a friend on Degrassi right now, actually. Wonder if she will move to LA. I like to eat plantain too much for that industry.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 11>
  Share Topic