BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

People getting dolled up for simple places

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324 25>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 6 Votes, Average 1.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
madame pink View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote madame pink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2013 at 9:50pm
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

Sometimes I wonder how black girls know how to fight so well.

Trial and error. Learn how to fight or get beat up trying.
Sponsored Links

babyk94 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote babyk94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2013 at 9:58pm
Originally posted by SoutherNtellect SoutherNtellect wrote:

Originally posted by rickysrose rickysrose wrote:

Whoever you think you're better than ... You're not.

that's a lie and a half but it sounded nice
LMFAO   
babyk94 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote babyk94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2013 at 9:59pm

When I was in high school some of them were just so angry... lol wanting to fight any and everyone over the dumbest sh*t.
tasty0619 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tasty0619 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2013 at 9:59pm
LOL
stardaqueenb23 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stardaqueenb23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2013 at 10:13pm

Black older brothers who like to wrestle.
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2013 at 10:15pm
well....my definition of dolled up

Weekend daytime doll:  Flawless neutral face with a coloured lip or gloss. 50% of the time it's a red lip.  Jeans/slacks, cute top/t-shirt/sweater, scarf, low heeled boots.  I don't wear 4-5 inch heels just to go the market but I will wear low heels, kitten heels (i know, i know those are uglyLOL).  I will add that if I know i'm going to be walking all day i'll wear a cute flats or sneakers.

Night Doll: I'll go a bit more dramatic with the make up. A darker or odd lip colour.  Eyeshadow depending on wear i'm going.  Slacks, dress shirt/buttondown, scarf, a dressier coat, higher heels...y'all get the drift...

Dressed down doll:  on face ...moisturizer.  I'll still make sure my brows are correct and i'll wear a coloured lip gloss.  Yoga pants, sweater, sneakers etc etc.

Sorry to type so much but...that's my definition of doll for this conversation.  Oh and let me add...I don't think that "doll" necessarily means a "face full" of make up.  In the 2012 2013 Doll simply means lookin' put together.  Dressed down is a way of life for most these days so it don't take much for folks to say u look "dolled" up.
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2013 at 10:19pm

....all my life I had to fight, I had to fight my daddy, I had to fight my uncles.  A girl child ain't safe in a family of mens....

yeah so...fights happen and you learn.LOL *shrugs*
nitabug View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nitabug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2013 at 10:19pm
I don't really care, unless I have to wait for you to get dressed to go to a simple place.

The only time I judge is when someone is completely over dressed. Like wearing a ball gown to TGI Fridays because you don't know better.

And yes, I know someone who did this.
eanaj5 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eanaj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2013 at 10:20pm
but what if she wanted to eat before prom/an event? 
nitabug View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nitabug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2013 at 10:21pm
& I never question someone who want's to look great. Personal pride is a great attribute.

If someone looks nice, and I am dressed down or bummy for the day, I will ask if they feel okay with what I have on, or if I should change. I don't mind either.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324 25>
  Share Topic